Roughhouse derestricted

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dusty roads

Roughhouse derestricted

Post by dusty roads »

I got my Roughhouse derestricted about 200 miles ago. Woo Hoo ! A totally new machine..
On flat & level I went from a scant 40mph to a clean 50mph! (Speed indicated, I don't have a GPS ). Acceleration improved significantly. Some of the longer, tougher hills went from clearing the top at 5 to 7mph..now are cleared at 18 to 20mph. That makes it a regular traveler..went 105 miles yesterday !
I may use this roughhouse to take my test for my motorcycle license before September, and I have to admit that if I pass, I would like to see Genuine introduce the Roughhouse in a 125 or 150cc ...it would be just what I need.
Milo_R50

Post by Milo_R50 »

Congrats!
It's a peppy little machine. I have 6000 miles on it and still pulls like it did when new. 50mph indicated is around 42mph GPS btw. 40mph indicated around 34mph GPS.

Have fun!
cummingsjc

Re: Roughhouse derestricted

Post by cummingsjc »

dusty roads wrote:... and I have to admit that if I pass, I would like to see Genuine introduce the Roughhouse in a 125 or 150cc ...it would be just what I need.
Then I hope you pass your motorcycle license test so we can all get a 125cc or 150cc version of the Roughhouse (but I am not holding my breath on the second half of that statement).
skipper20

Re: Roughhouse derestricted

Post by skipper20 »

dusty roads wrote:I got my Roughhouse derestricted about 200 miles ago. Woo Hoo ! A totally new machine..
On flat & level I went from a scant 40mph to a clean 50mph! (Speed indicated, I don't have a GPS ). Acceleration improved significantly. Some of the longer, tougher hills went from clearing the top at 5 to 7mph..now are cleared at 18 to 20mph. That makes it a regular traveler..went 105 miles yesterday !
I may use this roughhouse to take my test for my motorcycle license before September, and I have to admit that if I pass, I would like to see Genuine introduce the Roughhouse in a 125 or 150cc ...it would be just what I need.
I'm pretty sure the 125 or 150cc version of the Roughhouse is called a Buddy 125 or a Buddy 150.

Bill in Seattle :wink:
'14 170i Hooligan 170i Matte Green
dusty roads

Post by dusty roads »

The 125 Buddy is nice, but I prefer the sport lines, since they appear to me at least, to be a more "masculine" design. (just my opinion..take it or trash it)
Still, if it is the only choice, I could be interested in a Buddy, particularly the Eclipse model, if I could get one with a set of tires such as the Roughhouse has. Those larger cross section tires by nature, makes for a larger diameter wheel overall, which I believe helps on rougher roads.
Perhaps I am wrong, but I sometimes go off road, and those skinny tires don't look as adequate to me, as do the bigger baloneys on the Ruffy.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

dusty roads wrote:The 125 Buddy is nice, but I prefer the sport lines, since they appear to me at least, to be a more "masculine" design. (just my opinion..take it or trash it)
Still, if it is the only choice, I could be interested in a Buddy, particularly the Eclipse model, if I could get one with a set of tires such as the Roughhouse has. Those larger cross section tires by nature, makes for a larger diameter wheel overall, which I believe helps on rougher roads.
Perhaps I am wrong, but I sometimes go off road, and those skinny tires don't look as adequate to me, as do the bigger baloneys on the Ruffy.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
No, you're right. The Buddy's 10" wheels and tires are best for city use. If you're using your RH50 predominantly off-road, it's a better choice as off-road at a top speed of 40 mph is probably about as fast as you want to go anyway.

Bill in Seattle
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green
dusty roads

Post by dusty roads »

I do some off road, but mostly on road. Almost no city riding (just passing through). Last Saturday I put 105 miles on it, passing through 3 towns. Roads in NY State are notoriously full of potholes most of the time, and I like the extra tire cushion to protect the rims.