Kymco 200i issue, wouldn't shut off and now dead!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

andij67

Kymco 200i issue, wouldn't shut off and now dead!

Post by andij67 »

Hey, I have a issue with my new (to me) Kymco 2013 Like 200i, similar to what some of you posted about. I was riding and it made some weird clicking noises. Get it home, turn it off, it keeps running, hit the kill switch, it keeps running, and it say for five minutes and made a noise like I was trying to start it and it was catching, until it died. Now when I turn the key, no lights, no power at all. Am assuming the episode drained the new battery? And is the starter relay/solenoid bad? Anyone?
giddyup98

Post by giddyup98 »

Yes, your starter relay is shot. Had the same problem with my Kymco Grand Vista.
2009 Genuine Buddy 125
2012 Genuine Buddy 170
2005 Vespa GT 200
andij67

Post by andij67 »

I know you can buy those on eBay but do any stores usually sell them? And were the instructions someone provided the same on an earlier thread? Does it usually kill the battery also? Thank so much for the help!
giddyup98

Post by giddyup98 »

Yes, a bad starter solenoid will drain the battery. It did mine. I bought the part directly from my local Kymco Dealer and had my buddy, who owns a motorcycle shop, install it for me.

FYI...For future reference, you'd be better served by visiting http://www.kymcoforum.com for your questions regarding your Kymco scoot.
2009 Genuine Buddy 125
2012 Genuine Buddy 170
2005 Vespa GT 200