LunaP crash relief finally online.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Lokky

LunaP crash relief finally online.

Post by Lokky »

Everyone, as many of you have asked for a way to donate to help LunaP, after the accident in which a cager broadsided her, I have finally managed to coordinate with scooter-relief to create a way to do so.

Donations will help her deal with bills as she is finally discharged from the rehab facility where she spent the last couple of weeks, as well as the aftermath of the medical expenses from breaking her hand to avoid a previous accident.

The thread from her crash can be found here.

<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/c6bd ... ram><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="event_title" value="Leyna%20Denton%20Accident%20Fund"></param><param name="event_desc" value="In%20January%20Leyna%20Denton%20of%20Richmond%20VA%20was%20broadsided%20by%20a%20car%20running%20a%20stop%20sign.%20She%20suffered%20sever%20injuries%20to%20her%20leg%20and%20has%20been%20through%20numerous%20surgeries%20since.%20The%20road%20to%20recovery%20will%20be%20long%2C%20and%20her%20ability%20to%20work%20during%20this%20ordeal%20has%20been%20limited.%20"></param><param name="color_scheme" value="red"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/c6bd44041b812940" flashVars="event_title=Leyna%20Denton%20Accident%20Fund&event_desc=In%20January%20Leyna%20Denton%20of%20Richmond%20VA%20was%20broadsided%20by%20a%20car%20running%20a%20stop%20sign.%20She%20suffered%20sever%20injuries%20to%20her%20leg%20and%20has%20been%20through%20numerous%20surgeries%20since.%20The%20road%20to%20recovery%20will%20be%20long%2C%20and%20her%20ability%20to%20work%20during%20this%20ordeal%20has%20been%20limited.%20&color_scheme=red" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>

Thank you all for the emotional support you have lent the both of us in this month, it has been a great help to have our scooter family behind us.
DanteG

Post by DanteG »

so done ... and bounce this one back to the top
when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

HST
theflash784

LunaP crash relief finally set up

Post by theflash784 »

Thanks for all the updates. I hope this will help with some bills and expensives. Prayers and best wishes for LunaP's full recovery. I can imagine this will be a really hard time for her, her family and you. Good luck and God bless.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Done. :D
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

Jeez, 2 accidents that close together? Is she wearing a bullseye?

~SM
TVB

Post by TVB »

Swordsman wrote:Jeez, 2 accidents that close together? Is she wearing a bullseye?

~SM
I'm pretty sure she only had one – rather serious – accident.
TVB

Post by TVB »

bump
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

this is very heartwarming. i will do my small part

i like the little graph :)
Riding is riding
LunaP

Re: LunaP crash relief finally set up

Post by LunaP »

TVB wrote:
Swordsman wrote:Jeez, 2 accidents that close together? Is she wearing a bullseye?

~SM
I'm pretty sure she only had one – rather serious – accident.
I broke my hand in October =X

It's true that the last 10 months of my life have been exceptionally unlucky... Car? Gone. Must buy new vehicle. Job security? Imploded. Computer threatened to commit suicide. Hand broken. Then this.

But it hasn't been all bad. I experienced, stepped into, and was transformed by the scooter world. Thanks to meeting Lokky. Wait. All of this is since meeting and dating Lokky. Hmmmm.... :shock: :lol:

theflash784 wrote:Thanks for all the updates. I hope this will help with some bills and expensives. Prayers and best wishes for LunaP's full recovery. I can imagine this will be a really hard time for her, her family and you. Good luck and God bless.
I keep saying something like this in my crash thread... but I can't express my gratitude enough. My family (especially my mother) and Lokky have been rocks for me throughout all this, but I know that it hasn't been easy for them either... even from the get go. That first phone call... it's a call you never, ever want to get (makes me so glad I made Lokky let me get him a cel phone). But it's not just them... my friends, my fellow club and MB members... everybody else who's rooting for me and helping me out. It's all encouraging and special to me, nothing anybody has said has fallen on deaf ears and I heart you all for it.

But especially concerning the donations... I never asked for this to be set up, Lokky hopped to it after people on the board asked, as well as people who commented on the Fb status where my shop owner anounced the crash (to our other club members). People who don't even know me asked about it. I was flabbergasted when I woke up to 15 emails already by noon the day Lokky posted it- here, MV, and Reddit only, since ScooterRelief is down atm, turns out. Then I was floored when the donations rose to what they have... I had a scooter club in Illinois that I have never heard of and have no connection to (that I'm aware of) raise money to donate to me. That's crazy to me. It makes me feel bad and good at the same time. And it makes me want to run around screaming about how thankful I am and how awesome scooterists are. Obviously there's a flaw in that plan, though.

I mean it though. I told somebody in a pm the other day that this ordeal has convinced me for sure that scooterists are indeed the best people on earth. Regardless of this happening I am so glad I got into scooters and met so many of the world's finest people. Thanks so much, you guys, whether you donated or not.
etak

Post by etak »

Done.
Glad you're out of the rehab facility! (I'm sure you still have plenty to do, but at least you're at home, yes?)
:D
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
-Leonard Cohen

smarkum

Post by smarkum »

Done. Still a ways from the goal though . . . so here's a BUMP too.
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Done and bumped again. Feel better Luna.

Bluebuddygirl (aka Kim)
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

Just giving this a lil bump from italy~
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Got it to work and kicked in a few bucks.

I know times are tight, but I do expect more of you to kick in 5-10. We can reach that goal and get our pal back up and moving!

Plus, karma! you never know when you might need it too!
texepictetus

Post by texepictetus »

Done. Good luck with your recovery.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

texepictetus wrote:Done. Good luck with your recovery.
Thank you. Seriously. Thank you. I see you're in VA- come down to Indian Summer in Richmond this November so I can shake your hand and thank you in person.
texepictetus

Post by texepictetus »

I was there last year with the NOVA crew and met you and the crazy boy. Unfortunately, I'm moving to NOCal and won't make it this year, but wish you the best. I was hit by a car last April and am glad to hear you are doing OK. This is one crazy and amazing community that I'm glad to be a part of...and happy you still are. Best of luck to you from the NOVA/DC crew.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

texepictetus wrote:I was there last year with the NOVA crew and met you and the crazy boy. Unfortunately, I'm moving to NOCal and won't make it this year, but wish you the best. I was hit by a car last April and am glad to hear you are doing OK. This is one crazy and amazing community that I'm glad to be a part of...and happy you still are. Best of luck to you from the NOVA/DC crew.
Ugh I'm sorry sometimes I SUCK at remembering people! I'm very thankful for your support and to have met you. Best of luck with your move, sorry we won't see you this year! Have fun on the sunny side of the states!
LuvMyScoot

Post by LuvMyScoot »

Just found this thread and made donation. I really hope LunaP is feeling better; some moron running a stop sign/red light is every scooterist's worst nightmare.
theflash784

LunaP crash relief

Post by theflash784 »

Done
Desert Thorn

Post by Desert Thorn »

Done :D Heal fast & strong.
theflash784

Post by theflash784 »

bump
chas

Post by chas »

Trying to donate here but I can't seem to find any specifics on the scooter relief website. Help, anyone?

Luna, good luck and best wishes on your recovery. I wish I had have seen this thread sooner.
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

chas wrote:Trying to donate here but I can't seem to find any specifics on the scooter relief website. Help, anyone?

Luna, good luck and best wishes on your recovery. I wish I had have seen this thread sooner.
Hi! The guy running the scooter-relief website is super busy and the site was down not too long ago so he didn't get around to post it on there. The applet in the first post of this thread however will redirect you to a paypal form that allows you to donate! Thank you very much for your support :)
chas

Post by chas »

Lokky wrote:
chas wrote:Trying to donate here but I can't seem to find any specifics on the scooter relief website. Help, anyone?

Hi! The guy running the scooter-relief website is super busy and the site was down not too long ago so he didn't get around to post it on there. The applet in the first post of this thread however will redirect you to a paypal form that allows you to donate! Thank you very much for your support :)
Gah! My computer at work sucks and isn't showing the post attachment. I will do that straight away when I get home to my fully functioning computer. Thanks for the response!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Hi Luna :)

So, what are you doing with all this sweet cash? Vacation, maybe? Some party favors? Maybe a Vespa in your future?

:P
Riding is riding
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

JHScoot wrote:Hi Luna :)

So, what are you doing with all this sweet cash? Vacation, maybe? Some party favors? Maybe a Vespa in your future?

:P
Probably hospital bills. :?

Either that or a vacation and a HUGE amount of debt! :fp:
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Hmm? Well, I think we can grant the young woman some leeway. She seems the trooper and is in good spirits on the board. Pretty sure she is already on the back of a scooter? Or is looking forward to being so.

So I say she deserves to take some of this loot and splurge on say....a new helmet? With a little thing on top like her avatar. So people will see her next time!

Hope you are feeling well today, LunaP :D :wink:
Riding is riding
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

JHScoot wrote:Hmm? Well, I think we can grant the young woman some leeway. She seems the trooper and is in good spirits on the board. Pretty sure she is already on the back of a scooter? Or is looking forward to being so.
We have been advised not to discuss her condition in detail due to the bureaucratic procedures involved but I believe her leg is still far from letting her get back on a scooter. Right now she is unable to work and lost wages won't be addressed until the final medical bill has come through and the grand total is calculated so any help sent her way is going to pay for her bills :)
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

JHScoot wrote:Hmm? Well, I think we can grant the young woman some leeway. She seems the trooper and is in good spirits on the board. Pretty sure she is already on the back of a scooter? Or is looking forward to being so.

So I say she deserves to take some of this loot and splurge on say....a new helmet? With a little thing on top like her avatar. So people will see her next time!

Hope you are feeling well today, LunaP :D :wink:
Thank you for the bump, Flash, and the gift Chas (I like your av :lol:)

Lokky's right (at least about the lack of disclosure), but I am confident that I'm not doing myself any legal damage when I tell you that I am definitely not on a scoot. Or on vacation. :Rofl: Those are actually entirely laughable ideas- although I have to admit they are attractive. I'm a convalescent right now. To be completely honest, you haven't seen me on here the last few days because I was given PDF copies of the Hunger Games Trilogy (which I read in 2.5 days and wholly recommend despite the fact that I initially resented it on principle alone) and then my sisters and I played through the weekend Guild Wars 2 beta event. :oops:

I'm in decent enough spirits, though. I'm fighting the shitty sleep schedule of the eternally bored. On and off, I think about writing again, but never start. I've managed not to be a headcase, but I expected no less of myself. :) I've always managed to have especially fantastic fortitude- it's one of my only best qualities.

A new helmet that looks like the Luna P ball would be amazingly adorable, but I don't think it'd actually be more visible, as she is dark purple; but maybe I will spraypaint the old helmet if it isn't too mucked up and decorate it, just to have some fun! Hehe

:idea: I could wear it to anime conventions, eventually... my sisters and I usually run an art stand at least once a year...
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

oic. Well just to clarify for anyone reading.....I do not know LunaP and have no knowledge of her condition. We have not "spoken" besides posting back and forth about helmets and scooter antennas, and anything I might have posted about her and how she is doing and what she is doing is pure speculation / conjecture. IOW....I don't know crap. And if she does seem in "good spirits" to me its prolly from all the pain meds she has to take after being plowed into by a silly cager.

But idk if she is on anything or if the cager is silly? This is just my disclaimer. Don't try to use my posts in court against LunaP if you are the opposition. I'll just claim i was off my meds when posting, and even when on them it just lessons the babbling, it doesn't stop it :lol:

Oh yeah, I am an unreliable witness to nothing :nerd:
Riding is riding
theflash784

Post by theflash784 »

Glad to help. I try to toss in a few bucks every month when I get paid. What happened to you could happen to anyone of us on our scooters.
LunaP

Re: LunaP crash relief finally set up

Post by LunaP »

theflash784 wrote:Glad to help. I try to toss in a few bucks every month when I get paid. What happened to you could happen to anyone of us on our scooters.
And I am so very, extremely, grateful. And I genuinely hope it never does happen to any of you. Pretty much nobody deserves this.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Luna,

Now that the outside is mostly healed up, if you'd use it I can bottle up some juice that I use all the time for martial arts training.

It helps heal things faster/better, and I can honestly say I'd be crippled without it. Doesn't always smell like you'd want it to, but after breaking my knuckles and bruising myself to mush all the time, I couldn't live without it :P.
Jana

Post by Jana »

Done and done!
Speedy recovery to you, Luna, and best wishes to you both.
hg3

Post by hg3 »

done too
Hope you are on your scoot sooner then you think. :wink:
Last edited by hg3 on Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

People are donating but the graph does not move.

What's going into the can, nickels? :shock:
Riding is riding
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

JHScoot wrote:People are donating but the graph does not move.

What's going into the can, nickels? :shock:
Not sure... maybe it is glitching, or maybe it doesn't like that I've had to transfer money out of the paypal account already? Idk :(
skully93 wrote:Luna,

Now that the outside is mostly healed up, if you'd use it I can bottle up some juice that I use all the time for martial arts training.

It helps heal things faster/better, and I can honestly say I'd be crippled without it. Doesn't always smell like you'd want it to, but after breaking my knuckles and bruising myself to mush all the time, I couldn't live without it :P.
Well, I'll try it... can't hurt, right? :) Is it something you make?
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Friends, it's been a long time, but I absolutely haven't forgotten about what y'all did for me.

I'm still a broke person, but I finally have a way I could maybe kinda pay you back if you want to take me up on it.

If you don't know already, Amerivespa 2018 is being hosted in my city, by my scooter club.
I live in a house. I won't even be staying in the house for the whole rally because the club is probably going to get a room or two so we can be central to everything and make it easier on ourselves, and I live in the suburbs about 20 min away.
My house is yours. Please come to AV2018, and take me up on a free place to stay. I have plenty of room in a nice quiet neighborhood where you and your vehicles will be safe.
Seriously, the house several bedrooms, plus couches and lots floor space for air mattresses (which I have two of already, and they are the super nice double-high kind).
I also have a sizeable yard if you want to camp lol. Kitchen and bathroom and grill and patio amenties. I'll stock the fridge with some great local beer.

And NO IM NOT KIDDING. I'm not putting myself out to make this happen. I want to do something nice in return and feel like this is a great opportunity to do so.

These days I exist mostly on facebook, so pm me here or find me on Facebook, my real name is Leyna Denton.
Syd

Post by Syd »

What a nice offer!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Syd wrote:What a nice offer!
Maybe but not as nice as helping me keep all my bills from going into collections while waiting on my settlement!
<3