Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seized my Blur's engine!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
HanShan

2103 Genuine Blur 220i

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babblefish wrote:
Received my new Simota air filter element today. Very well made and came pre-oiled. Can be cleaned and reused, just like a K&N. Installed just like the OEM filter. Remember, this is the exact same filter that the Hooligan uses.

Hey Babble,

Would this fit on a 220i as well?

babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HanShan wrote:
babblefish wrote:
Received my new Simota air filter element today. Very well made and came pre-oiled. Can be cleaned and reused, just like a K&N. Installed just like the OEM filter. Remember, this is the exact same filter that the Hooligan uses.

Hey Babble,

Would this fit on a 220i as well?

I don't really know. From my research, there appears to be two different possible air filters for the 220. One looks like mine and the other is completely different. I couldn't find any listing for a Simota air filter that is shaped like the other design. One clue for you though, the part number for the stock paper element for my 150 is M2262070000 - if the part number for your stock element is the same, then the Simota I'm using will fit your 220.

babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed the rear DNM shock for another DNM that is a little shorter (265mm, eye-to-eye vs 280mm) and with a softer spring (250lb vs 350lb). While I like my ride to be firm, the 350lb spring and my 165lb weight just didn't get along. The Blur in stock form is already pretty high for my 32" inseam, so adding a 15mm longer shock over stock made for some serious tippy toeing at stops, hence the need/desire for something a bit shorter. The new ride is firm, but not overly so and I have enough adjustment to fine tune the ride height/preload if needed along with the rebound dampening. Very happy with the results.
I didn't take any pictures because the new shock basically looks exactly like the old one, except shorter.

Any heavy/portly and tall Blur riders out there in need of a good shock? PM me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jump to: