Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Challenge - How Eagle Eye Fleagle Are You?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Challenge - How Eagle Eye Fleagle Are You? Reply with quote

Okay, let's see who can spot the non-USA accessories on this motorbike. Hint: There are two.
babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rider and the bike? Razz
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babblefish wrote:
The rider and the bike? Razz

Hahaha!!! Well, those are pretty much right, too, aren't they? Not what I am looking for, though. Keep looking. These are accessory items.
Syd

BV350

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Challenge - How Eagle Eye Fleagle Are You? Reply with quote

jrsjr wrote:
Okay, let's see who can spot the non-USA accessories on this motorbike. Hint: There are two.
Uh, the cylinders?
sc00ter

17 Adly RT50, 14 Burgman 200, 98 Zuma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a guess. I have never seem the skirt protector offered in any US accessory catalog before. The little cage like thing over the rear wheel. My second is the what appears to be a ROOF helmet. Do we get those in the states yet for motorcycle use? If its only on the bike, then the brim over the headlight. Sure the DOT has some kind of beef with those.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc00ter wrote:
I'll take a guess. I have never seem the skirt protector offered in any US accessory catalog before. The little cage like thing over the rear wheel. My second is the what appears to be a ROOF helmet. Do we get those in the states yet for motorcycle use? If its only on the bike, then the brim over the headlight. Sure the DOT has some kind of beef with those.

Very good. You are 1 for 2 in identifying what you refer to as the "skirt guard." In fact, this is India, and it is actually a sari guard, a very common motorcycle accessory in India. Ah, but you still haven't spotted the other India-only accessory. I'll give you a hint: It's at the other end of the motorcycle...
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Challenge - How Eagle Eye Fleagle Are You? Reply with quote

Syd wrote:
jrsjr wrote:
Uh, the cylinders?

That extra jug caught your attention, did it? That's a Carberry motor, assembled in India from mostly Royal Enfield Bullet parts plus a case, crank and beefier clutch parts from Carberry. The motor can be yours for 4.6 lakh. Carberry will be selling entire bikes, motor and all, next year if all goes to plan.

P.S. If anyone wants to join me in a little jaunt around India on a Carberry next year, let me know...
Syd

BV350

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Challenge - How Eagle Eye Fleagle Are You? Reply with quote

jrsjr wrote:
Syd wrote:
jrsjr wrote:
Uh, the cylinders?

That extra jug caught your attention, did it? That's a Carberry motor, assembled in India from mostly Royal Enfield Bullet parts plus a case, crank and beefier clutch parts from Carberry. The motor can be yours for 4.6 lakh. Carberry will be selling entire bikes, motor and all, next year if all goes to plan.

P.S. If anyone wants to join me in a little jaunt around India on a Carberry next year, let me know...
No thanks, I've heard stories.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Challenge - How Eagle Eye Fleagle Are You? Reply with quote

Syd wrote:
jrsjr wrote:

About me or India? ROFL
Syd

BV350

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Challenge - How Eagle Eye Fleagle Are You? Reply with quote

jrsjr wrote:
Syd wrote:
jrsjr wrote:

About me or India? ROFL
Ha!! Of course the country, not his Moderator Emeritus. Very Happy
babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats that reflector looking thing under the headlight?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babblefish wrote:
Whats that reflector looking thing under the headlight?

Yeah, you got it. Believe it or not, that is where the license plate goes on a bike in India.

Good job, babblefish. You and sc00ter are co-winners of the Eagle-Eye Fleagle Award.

And that's a wrap for this challenge thread! Thanks!!!
Dooglas

Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Challenge - How Eagle Eye Fleagle Are You? Reply with quote

jrsjr wrote:
Okay, let's see who can spot the non-USA accessories on this motorbike.

So, there is nothing on the bike - frame, engine, rider, accessories, etc - of US origin?

For all that, the Carberry 1000 is certainly an interesting project!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: