Challenge - How Eagle Eye Fleagle Are You?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Challenge - How Eagle Eye Fleagle Are You?

Post by jrsjr »

Okay, let's see who can spot the non-USA accessories on this motorbike. Hint: There are two.
Attachments
carberry-motorcycle.jpg
carberry-motorcycle.jpg (51.95 KiB) Viewed 540 times
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

The rider and the bike? :P
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

babblefish wrote:The rider and the bike? :P
Hahaha!!! Well, those are pretty much right, too, aren't they? Not what I am looking for, though. Keep looking. These are accessory items.
Syd

Re: Challenge - How Eagle Eye Fleagle Are You?

Post by Syd »

jrsjr wrote:Okay, let's see who can spot the non-USA accessories on this motorbike. Hint: There are two.
Uh, the cylinders?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I'll take a guess. I have never seem the skirt protector offered in any US accessory catalog before. The little cage like thing over the rear wheel. My second is the what appears to be a ROOF helmet. Do we get those in the states yet for motorcycle use? If its only on the bike, then the brim over the headlight. Sure the DOT has some kind of beef with those.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

sc00ter wrote:I'll take a guess. I have never seem the skirt protector offered in any US accessory catalog before. The little cage like thing over the rear wheel. My second is the what appears to be a ROOF helmet. Do we get those in the states yet for motorcycle use? If its only on the bike, then the brim over the headlight. Sure the DOT has some kind of beef with those.
Very good. You are 1 for 2 in identifying what you refer to as the "skirt guard." In fact, this is India, and it is actually a saree guard, a very common motorcycle accessory in India. Ah, but you still haven't spotted the other India-only accessory. I'll give you a hint: It's at the other end of the motorcycle...
Last edited by jrsjr on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Syd wrote:
jrsjr wrote:Okay, let's see who can spot the non-USA accessories on this motorbike. Hint: There are two.
Uh, the cylinders?
That extra jug caught your attention, did it? That's a Carberry motor, assembled in India from mostly Royal Enfield Bullet parts plus a case, crank and beefier clutch parts from Carberry. The motor can be yours for 4.6 lakh. Carberry will be selling entire bikes, motor and all, next year if all goes to plan.

P.S. If anyone wants to join me in a little jaunt around India on a Carberry next year, let me know...
Attachments
carberry_bike.jpg
carberry_bike.jpg (51.27 KiB) Viewed 498 times
Syd

Post by Syd »

jrsjr wrote:
Syd wrote:
Uh, the cylinders?
That extra jug caught your attention, did it? That's a Carberry motor, assembled in India from mostly Royal Enfield Bullet parts plus a case, crank and beefier clutch parts from Carberry. The motor can be yours for 4.6 lakh. Carberry will be selling entire bikes, motor and all, next year if all goes to plan.

P.S. If anyone wants to join me in a little jaunt around India on a Carberry next year, let me know...
No thanks, I've heard stories.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Syd wrote:
jrsjr wrote:P.S. If anyone wants to join me in a little jaunt around India on a Carberry next year, let me know...
About me or India? :rofl:
Syd

Post by Syd »

jrsjr wrote:
Syd wrote:
jrsjr wrote:P.S. If anyone wants to join me in a little jaunt around India on a Carberry next year, let me know...
About me or India? :rofl:
Ha!! Of course the country, not his Moderator Emeritus. :D
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Whats that reflector looking thing under the headlight?
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

babblefish wrote:Whats that reflector looking thing under the headlight?
Yeah, you got it. Believe it or not, that is where the license plate goes on a bike in India.

Good job, babblefish. You and sc00ter are co-winners of the Eagle-Eye Fleagle Award.

And that's a wrap for this challenge thread! Thanks!!!
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

jrsjr wrote:Okay, let's see who can spot the non-USA accessories on this motorbike.
So, there is nothing on the bike - frame, engine, rider, accessories, etc - of US origin?

For all that, the Carberry 1000 is certainly an interesting project!