Buddy Surges - Why?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

psymple

great discussion...

Post by psymple »

I have a 170i and the power has started to fluctuate; i was thinking the rollers. Any links of a good place to purchase? not finding details easily. Thanks
psymple

Post by psymple »

So since I asked the last question, I sold the scooter that was fluctuating and bought another 170 with only 280 miles on it (grt deal $1500...not as grt as the other guy that posted he got one for $1000) The new one also has the fluctuation as well as my 125 with about 10,000 miles on it (no maint yet). Is this common in all these CVTs?
I do not have a dealer near where I live but near the beach I spend a lot of the summer at, there is one. I went to him and asked for a quote on the parts, called back 2-3 times and NEVER got a call back with the prices. I see the Prima parts online and cant seem to find a direct link to get the correct parts and most do not cross reference the 170; any help other than a dealer?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

psymple wrote:So since I asked the last question, I sold the scooter that was fluctuating and bought another 170 with only 280 miles on it (grt deal $1500...not as grt as the other guy that posted he got one for $1000) The new one also has the fluctuation as well as my 125 with about 10,000 miles on it (no maint yet). Is this common in all these CVTs?
I do not have a dealer near where I live but near the beach I spend a lot of the summer at, there is one. I went to him and asked for a quote on the parts, called back 2-3 times and NEVER got a call back with the prices. I see the Prima parts online and cant seem to find a direct link to get the correct parts and most do not cross reference the 170; any help other than a dealer?
Sometimes the rollers don't last very long. The clutch shoes are something else to think about. They last a lot longer than CVT rollers but they wear out, too. Let us know what you figure out.

I decided that your posts needed their own thread so I split them from the other thread.