CDI/ECU

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tony010

CDI/ECU

Post by Tony010 »

Hi All, new to this can someone help please. I've got a Vespa 150 LX ie 2013 I need to locate the CDI/ECU on my Vespa I've taken the front off and looked under the helmet storage box still can't find the B#']d4 thing any ideas.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

On the fuel injected Vespas, the ECU is built into the throttle body and is part of the immobilizer system. It's electronically paired to your red (master) and blue keys. If it's dead, there's more to it than swapping parts. Also, those units are not cheap.

I'd recommend posting the issue you're experiencing on Modern Vespa; there are folks there who will have more familiarity with the ECU/immobilizer system.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Tony010

CDI/ECU

Post by Tony010 »

Thanks for the help, I drilled a new hole in the blue key and now the bike won't start I haven't got a brown key a guy from Australian Motorcycle Key & Odometer Reprogramming said he can make a new key with the CDI.