Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Main crankshafts bearing alternative [Stella 4-stroke]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
martinvh

Genuine Stella 4t

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Main crankshafts bearing alternative [Stella 4-stroke] Reply with quote

Hi all,

I split the cases on my Stella 150 4-stroke manual to rebuild the cush gear. But now I'm all the way in the engine I would like to replace the crankshaft main bearings as well.

The current bearings have 5000mi on them and especially the left one has some axial play. Is there a replacement alternative for the Indian 'quality' bearings? If I search online for the part number on the bearing, nothing shows up.[/b]
dasscooter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you bring the bearings to a local bearing supplier, they will usually be happy to measure them and source you some USA made replacements.
az_slynch

'16 K-Pipe, '13 Stella 4T, '12 Yager GT200i, '81 Vespa P200e and Far Too Many Others

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same bearing used in the pre-LEADER Vespa ET4, the Italjet Dragster and the Gilera Runner engines. Similar ID and width to a 2T bearing, but markedly bigger OD.

Part number is NTN SC05831CS37. Dimension is 25mmx68mmx12mm.

I got two sets, one for my 4T and one for a friend's 4T. Had to source them from SIP in Germany. Still need to pop the crank apart and find a decent big end bearing replacement option.

Last edited by az_slynch on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

'12 Stella 4T

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az_slynch wrote:
It's the same bearing used in the pre-LEADER Vespa ET4, the Italjet Dragster and the Gilera Runner engines. Similar ID and width to a 2T bearing, but markedly bigger OD.

Part number is NTN SC05831CS37. Dimension is 25mm�68mmx12mm.

I got two sets, one for my 4T and one for a friend's 4T. Had to source them from SIP in Germany. Still need to pop the crank apart and find a decent big end bearing replacement option.

That's good to know. I have a suspicion that the "bad cranks" that kill 4T engines, are actually bad bearings. Do you have a list of the other bearings? Like the camshaft bearings? Are the transmission bearings same as the 2T?
az_slynch

'16 K-Pipe, '13 Stella 4T, '12 Yager GT200i, '81 Vespa P200e and Far Too Many Others

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neurotic-Hapi-Snak wrote:
That's good to know. I have a suspicion that the "bad cranks" that kill 4T engines, are actually bad bearings. Do you have a list of the other bearings? Like the camshaft bearings? Are the transmission bearings same as the 2T?

Camshaft uses a 6202 on the driven end and a 6002 on the far end. The needle bearing for the cam gear is an HK1412.

The trans bearings are spelled out in my transmission thread. The caged needle bearing for the intemediate shaft is an HK1616 and the roller bearing is a 6302. Bearings for the final shaft are the same as a PX Lusso.

dr3wbize

Genuine Stella 4T

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone find a replacement for the big end bushings of the connecting rod?

Stella 4t resulted in hard seize; after taking the motor apart, found that my crank bearing were still ok but connecting rod is hard to rotate. All else looks nice.

Photo is just for fun, it's the way the spacers go on.
az_slynch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still working on this. The dimensions for the rod/bearing are close to a Honda CRF150. Waiting for parts to be sure. Will post when I have the answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: