Carburetor rebuild kit: where to find them?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BMW_Art

Carburetor rebuild kit: where to find them?

Post by BMW_Art »

Anyone know where to find a complete Buddy 150 carburetor rebuild kit? I checked Scooter Works, but the kit they offer says it is not for a Guenuine Buddy in the notes. Even though it shows up when you set filter by make and model.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I got bitten by that rebuild kit BEFORE they posted the NOT for Buddy carbs disclaimer! Ended up tossing it in the trash because nothing worked or fit Only way I found is to order each part separate. No quick and easy one stop option, which seems strange considering how many Buddy's Genuine has shifted and how many early ones are still on the road.
BMW_Art

Post by BMW_Art »

Well I ordered all the parts I could find for my wife's scooter except for the top diaphragm as that part alone was close to $30. When I take it apart, if the original is damaged I'll just fork out the funds for it then.

Still kind of surprised that there is no rebuild kit. And glad my new engine comes with a newer 30mm carburetor. Although long term I'm going to try and replace it with an EFI setup. About $600-$700. But it will also be self tuning with an O2 sensor so no jets to play with.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Jets get replaced with injector nozzles Even a wide band O2 sensor can only supply the max amount of fuel that the injector will allow. Once the proper set-up is found does EFI really shine, until then its all tuning...... Oh, and that diaphragm rarely goes bad. I think you will be ok for not getting it.
BMW_Art

Post by BMW_Art »

Yeah, well here is a possible EFI kit for the GY6 motor. I'll be looking for alternatives over the next couple of months. I'm going to use what I have for a while before making any tuning changes to the fuel system.

And it's good to know I'm not likely to need the diaphragm. It's difficult to know how well these rubber components stand up to the summers out here. Temps can easily get into the 115-120 range.
Steve Williams

carburetor

Post by Steve Williams »

Need to find a carb kit or new one for KEIHIN CVK24 2006 125 . Sorry never posted and kind of lost.
az_slynch

Re: carburetor

Post by az_slynch »

Steve Williams wrote:Need to find a carb kit or new one for KEIHIN CVK24 2006 125 . Sorry never posted and kind of lost.
Steve,

Genuine doesn't sell a carburetor "rebuild kit", but you can buy the individual bits you need. Scooter Lounge has a nice parts breakdown and can sell you all the parts needed for your carb:

http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/buddy125carburetor
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Steve Williams

Re: carburetor

Post by Steve Williams »

az_slynch wrote:
Steve Williams wrote:Need to find a carb kit or new one for KEIHIN CVK24 2006 125 . Sorry never posted and kind of lost.
Steve,

Genuine doesn't sell a carburetor "rebuild kit", but you can buy the individual bits you need. Scooter Lounge has a nice parts breakdown and can sell you all the parts needed for your carb:

http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/buddy125carburetor