buddy 50 ignition coil

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Sadler81

buddy 50 ignition coil

Post by Sadler81 »

Hi, I have an a buddy 50 that I'm replacing the ignition coil on. The original coil has a black and red terminal and black and red wires from the harness. The new coil has a green and black terminal but everything else is identical. Not sure if I should hook the black to black and red to green, or the opposite. Any help would be greatly appreciated! [/i]
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Black should be the negative terminal, so connect black to black and you should be OK.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Sadler81

Post by Sadler81 »

babblefish wrote:Black should be the negative terminal, so connect black to black and you should be OK.
That's what I was thinking at first but a lot of Chinese scooters use green as the ground. I found a few gy6 wiring diagrams that use this coil and they have the green terminal on the coil going to the ground and the black terminal going to the cdi box.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

The wiring diagram for the Taiwan made (not Chinese :)) Buddy shows the black as negative and goes directly to the negative post of the battery. In any case, connecting it backwards wouldn't hurt anything anyway, but good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.