need help buddy wont start

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

radypanda

need help buddy wont start

Post by radypanda »

Hello all...

so I havent ridden my buddy for awhile, we cleaned the carb, oil and filter change, gear oil changed, checked brake lines and brake oil. also new battery. buddy fired right back up it was awesome.

So im riding around today, about 150 miles since all the changes and my buddy stalls and just stops. i thought maybe it was needed gas so i was close to a gas station and filled it up. Started buddy and it sputtered until it just died. couldnt even turn it over. I was able to make it home and then checked, looked like my oil filter was loose and I had no oil in my scooter...ugh right. I filled it up with oil and now it will turn over but not run.

What could it be? i need help please! Im a novice when it comes to mechanics and im super stressed about this.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. If you ran your scooter with no oil, you need a new engine. skully93 can chime in on this with first hand experience.