why my 2008 roketa 250cc mc-68a scoooter shuddle then boggs

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

donaldray09

why my 2008 roketa 250cc mc-68a scoooter shuddle then boggs

Post by donaldray09 »

everytime i try to crank my scooter it start shuddle then when throttle it just boggs and the shuddle get worse like the pistol making a thumpping sound like the gas is to rich or to lean....so i pull the spark plug and its coated with smoot like it not firing enought juice to burn the fuel
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

How long have you owned that scoot? It sounds like the carb needs to be removed and cleaned. Maybe CHECK the float to see if it is stuc k or has a hole in it.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
skipper20

Re: why my 2008 roketa 250cc mc-68a scoooter shuddle then bo

Post by skipper20 »

donaldray09 wrote:everytime i try to crank my scooter it start shuddle then when throttle it just boggs and the shuddle get worse like the pistol making a thumpping sound like the gas is to rich or to lean....so i pull the spark plug and its coated with smoot like it not firing enought juice to burn the fuel
Check out this article about servicing China scoots purchased online: http://www.motorscootershopper.com/servicetips.asp

Hopefully it will help. If you're not mechanically inclined, there may be brick and mortar independent (emphasis on "independent") MC and scooter repair shops in your area that will help you. Good luck!

Bill in Seattle
'12 170i Buddy Oxford Green
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green