Screws for pod turn signals

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Anonymous Squash

Screws for pod turn signals

Post by Anonymous Squash »

For some odd reason my used Buddy didn't come with the pod turn signals. So, I ordered them. And I couldn't find what bolt/screw goes with the pods, bc of course I didn't have those either (the new signals didn't come with anything)

.... so.......

We used #10-32 x 1/2 in socket cap screws and #10 washers.

(this is for the random other soul searching the internet for how to attach the turn signals).
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Welcome to MB.
My Buddy didn't come with those handlebar mounted turn signals either, which is, as far as I'm concerned, a good thing because I'd much rather have the original factory intended turn signal location in the front fairing. Looks much cleaner rather than an afterthought.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Anonymous Squash

Post by Anonymous Squash »

What?!?

You don't like your Buddy to look like a praying mantis?

[/img]
Attachments
mantis.jpg
mantis.jpg (64.91 KiB) Viewed 228 times
EricV

Post by EricV »

The pod turn signals are a DOT requirement for importation, IIRC. Mine has them, but they are wired up as either or with the body turn signals. I'm debating wiring them to work together as the typical road user here is pretty oblivious.

And yes, :D I'm always watching for all of those other road users. I know they will do something to try and kill me, even if they see me.

And for the random scooter rider looking for this part, it's
SKU 90200501600 Screw with Washer.

Available from Scooter Lounge for $1.16 each. Probably a 4mm or 5mm size screw. It's used on the 170i as well as the older Buddies.
http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/product/90200501600