buddy 125 ignition

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

aaronw00d

buddy 125 ignition

Post by aaronw00d »

recently got a 2009 buddy 125 for my wife. the ignition switch is a little hinky sometimes after she turns it off you have to wiggle the key or remove the front cover and tap on the ignition switch to get it going. sounds like a loose wire or solder point in the switch to me and plan on just replacing the switch. my question is does anyone know any aftermarket/universal switches that work? oem is $90 so im just trying to save a few bucks
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

You might try a little Tri-flow in the ignition switch. I have noticed that the switch gets sticky after a couple of years use and Tri-flow will loosen it up again.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I prefer a dry lube over Tri-Flow so it doesn't gunk up over time. Try graphite or silicone.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

k1dude wrote:I prefer a dry lube over Tri-Flow so it doesn't gunk up over time. Try graphite or silicone.
To each their own preference, but professional locksmiths do recommend Tri-Flow.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Dooglas wrote:
k1dude wrote:I prefer a dry lube over Tri-Flow so it doesn't gunk up over time. Try graphite or silicone.
To each their own preference, but professional locksmiths do recommend Tri-Flow.
I started using dry lube because 3 different locksmiths told me to do so.