Buddy Kick, Post Break-in

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Daves Kick

Buddy Kick, Post Break-in

Post by Daves Kick »

It's been fun breaking her in! 621 fun-filled miles and she is purring like...well.. a kitten!
No issues. I find 60 mph+ is attainable, though not particularly pleasant to maintain. 45-50 mph is the "sweet zone," which suits me just fine.
I attached a video of my thoughts and I decided to also show the "post break-in" celebratory LEDs I installed. Night times should be fun times now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akJYcwYOh0o&t=4s

Ride safe, and if you are near Lake Geneva, I hope to see you at Scoot Jockey's Viva Lake Geneva, August 4th-6th! :)

-David
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Thanks for the vid! I would say that you are just at mid break in. The motor will probably loosen up a little more to 1,000.

Keep us updated!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Nice!

My buddy 'settled in' after a few thousand miles. Cool little machines.
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

My 170i seems to be fully bedded-in at 6,400 miles. It is ever so slightly smoother and "happy" internally. It's never been low on power or really lacking in smoothness.
'09 Yamaha TMAX Large sport scoot.
Daves Kick

Post by Daves Kick »

It's good to know we all have some good reports thus far. I am VERY happy, and seeing that my Harley just went into the shop with electrical issues, VERY glad I have my Buddy Kick to maintain the two wheeled lifestyle.
They ARE wonderful little machines!
Whirlgrrl

Post by Whirlgrrl »

Just got my Kick in August, love it! I haven't seen many around glad to know there are others out there with one
PhillyKick

Post by PhillyKick »

I see that you're also in Philly. There are two white kicks that I see every day when I walk to work on East Passyunk, and there's another orange one at like 10th and pine.
Always ready to ride in the Philly area, hit me up.
Whirlgrrl

Post by Whirlgrrl »

Mine is robins egg Blue - love - but I need a lock - too many bikes getting snatched in Philly right now - just not sure which one to get
Daves Kick

Welcome!

Post by Daves Kick »

Glad you are enjoying your new Buddy Kick. Sad I have to Winterize mine in another month. Hope,your riding season in Philly is a bit longer.
FYI, I use a Xena disc lock. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but I rarely use it as the crime rate where I live is pretty tame.
So far...
I’m sure Philly Kick has some good suggestions!
And robins egg blue is a very nice color! :D
dckick

Post by dckick »

What does "winterizing" a scooter entail?
PhillyKick

Post by PhillyKick »

Whirlgrrl wrote:Mine is robins egg Blue - love - but I need a lock - too many bikes getting snatched in Philly right now - just not sure which one to get
If you have a wicker basket on the back, I'm pretty sure you live a block over from me, haha. But yeah, go grab a lock and chain from Philly Scooters (which I assume is where you bought your scoot from anyways). All you have to do is make it hard enough to steal that the criminals wander off to find one easier to take than yours. Also, Hostile City Scooter Club on FB is a good group to get into, lots of scoot talk.
Always ready to ride in the Philly area, hit me up.
Choppergirl

Post by Choppergirl »

Aloha, all! I just got my new Kick last week, also in blue. Love it!!!! Just hit a whopping 51 miles. I live in Kauai, Hawaii, lots of scoots here but this seems to be the only Kick on the island; actually had to wait 10 months to have it delivered (either that or shell out $1500 for shipping, no way Jose), and it arrived at the dock last Friday. Sooooo worth the long wait. Looking forward to putting some more miles on it, and enjoying all of your Kick posts too!! :D
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Choppergirl wrote:Aloha, all! I just got my new Kick last week, also in blue. Love it!!!! Just hit a whopping 51 miles. I live in Kauai, Hawaii, lots of scoots here but this seems to be the only Kick on the island; actually had to wait 10 months to have it delivered (either that or shell out $1500 for shipping, no way Jose), and it arrived at the dock last Friday. Sooooo worth the long wait. Looking forward to putting some more miles on it, and enjoying all of your Kick posts too!! :D
Well aloha! Welcome to the fold! You're so lucky to be able to ride a scooter in Hawaii with all that sun and beautiful scenery. So is there a local dealer that can help you with maintenance and parts?
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.