Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RH50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Cruzinthekitchen005

RH50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: RH50 Reply with quote

Here to share my scoot and my mods. I have a Malossi 70 kit, ncy intake and oko 28mm carb. Right now running the sport exhaust, 6g rollers, goped stem with ada bars. Its jetted fat, 180 main, once shes broken in ill jet it down.

I have a YMS V8 for a jog on its way along with a stage6 pro replica also for a jog. We will see if it fits, theoretically, it should... Ill post more as parts come.

Cruzinthekitchen005

RH50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So from what ive gathered.. We all know that if you search roughhouse50 or buddy50, you are very limited..

Its a yamaha jog top end, so search for a jog as long as its not the water cooled version, it should fit. Try to stay away from the no name brand big bore kits.. The casting is terrible..try to stick with name brands like masolssi or polini..

Internals- dio and gy6 parts will fit. I have a ncy clutch with a variator from a dio, along with a contra spring for a dio.
Cruzinthekitchen005

RH50

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wohoo!

stage6 pro replica for a jog.. Ordered it raw but they only had chrome with carbon can.. No biggie, ill take it!

Everything that came in the box..

There was a restrictor plate that was welded in the head pipe. I just drilled the little welds and removed it.

What difference the pipe makes. The sport pipe was really holding the performance back. The pipe hits low to mid with a good smooth top end. Its not as loud as I thought it would be. I ran it with a 120 main and it was fast, but power faded once it was warm, maybe too lean. Switched to a 180, way too rich, went to 150, still a touch rich. Will try 140 and play with needle settings to fine tune. The fit was almost spot on. The angle on the mounting bracket it a little off. I will post mounting pics soon...
Cruzinthekitchen005

RH50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! Was running up a hill when the power faded..let off the throttle and she died.
Running a 150 main, moved the clip up one to lean it out... This was the result.. Moved back to a 180 on rhe new kit..
Some pics of the pipe fitment...
Cruzinthekitchen005

RH50

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I ordered a Malossi 70 kit for a Yamaha BWS. The last kit that I used was NCY for a Yamaha Jog. Here are the two kits side by side with a few notes...

the NCY uses the copper gaskets, while the Malossi uses a rubber ring. It looks like the Malossi has a bit more compression than the NCY. At first I didnt like the quality of the Malossi.. the cast was a bit more rough, the exhaust hole is smaller than the NCY.

Here you can see the difference between the two transfer ports. Notice how on the Malossi (right side) the transfer ports are rounded on the bottom, thats how the case ports are shaped.. so it matches the case better than the NCY kit, which are squared all the way around...

Here you can see that there is and extra cooling fin on the Malossi...right now im running a OKO 28 with 72 pilot and 150 main, middle clip on the needle...

I have a Stage6 kit coming in the mail.. Ill update when it comes in...
Cruzinthekitchen005

RH50

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its here!

This is a nice kit. Casting quality is really good with no slag.. Its an aluminum cylinder, loads lighter than the cast iron.. Still breaking in the malossi.. I found i had an air leak around the intake, plugs are nice and coffee colored. Switched to a 24mm oko with 55 pilot and 145main..
Hope all this info is useful for someone
Cruzinthekitchen005

RH50

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut and welded the pipe, got a radial for the rear.
luckyscroller788

Hoolie 170/ buddy 170

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That exhaust hanging out way back there is really going to really put your mounts to a stress test.
Cruzinthekitchen005

RH50

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can is getting cut down soon. I need to find a cutting disk that isnt going to splinter the carbon. Carbon can.. not to worried about it stressing anything. If it breaks ill post a pic. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: