Turn Signal Problem?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Kaianuanu

Turn Signal Problem?

Post by Kaianuanu »

So I recently bought a used 2014 roughhouse and quickly decided I wanted to scrap the old fugly turn signals. First I got the rear signals, they’re some black led signals that are much smaller, so I put those on and they worked fine, but flashed a little too fast, which was as I expected. Next I got my front signals and put those on, so once I got them hooked up, I. Turned it on to test them. When I turned them on, the relay flashed so fast that it sounded like buzzing, in fact they were just on, not even flashing. After testing a few times the relay stopped making any noise and then all four turn signals would light up but very dim, no flashing, this would happen if I put on either side or if I had the flashers on. So now I just got in my relay, I think it’s for a car but it’s a 3 pin, and it has a little knob on it to adjust the flash rate. So I wired it up, and now all four signals come on and flash like the hazards if I turn on the indicators in either direction or if I turn on the hazards. I tried playing with the three wires connected to the relay and it doesn’t work at all except how I had it originally connected which I’m pretty sure was correct all along. So now I have no idea what to do.
Kaianuanu

Post by Kaianuanu »

So I figured out that the issue was the indicator light in the dash. Removing the bulb solved the problem however now It's hard to tell when they're on since the dash no longer flashes, and the new relay doesn't click loud enough to hear. Apparently you can wire in a diode to prevent the current from crossing over, does anyone know how to do that or exactly what kind of diode I need? Can I just hook it up to one of the wires that connect to that little indicator bulb?
exmayor

Post by exmayor »

When I redid a vintage Honda with led indicators I added this
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... 1190/2805/
Simple to wire solves feedback problem
NCY fork, NCY shock, NCY rotor, NCY super trans, Conty Zippy 1 tires,CRG bar end mirrors, Shortened rear fender, Gen-u-bin, Cheeky Seats cover
Kaianuanu

Post by Kaianuanu »

exmayor wrote:When I redid a vintage Honda with led indicators I added this
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... 1190/2805/
Simple to wire solves feedback problem
Thanks for the help!