Scooterworks exhaust

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mikestib1

Scooterworks exhaust

Post by Mikestib1 »

I purchased their sport exhaust and per their advice, a 42 pilot , 90 main jet, and 9g Dr Pulley sliders. The scooter is louder and acceleration is worse. Top speed maybe 3 mph faster. Anyhow it seems to be running rich. I plan to go to 7g Dr Pulley sliders and a 38mm Uni red foam filter. If it seizes up I'll go to a bigger main jet and a Malossi bbk either 68 or 70 with cast iron cylinder. Live and learn.
I installed the filter today and if it stops raining I'll have a run and do the rollers later
I'm a bit pissed that their product development tech was not accurate. I bought the exhaust as they say it doesn't void the warranty but at this point I just want a fast 50
No I don't want a bigger scooter. I have a BMW G310R on the way
Just love two stroke 50's
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

It should run decent enough. I had the prima pipe, 6 1/4" holes in the air box, and ran stock pilot jet and 95 main. I settled on 4.8 gram rollers and 1500 clutch springs, stock main spring. Ran good and was real zippy but revved really high and spit a circlip at 8000 miles.

Did you remove the welch plug to adjust the idle mixture?

I think your roller weights are too heavy. I don't have any experience tuning the trans with sliders on the 50s but the rule of thumb is go 1 gram above the desired roller weight. So a 7 gram slider=6g roller. I'd recommend you either lighten the slider or get lighter ones. I think you'll end up in the 5.5-6 range.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

The black exhaust that looks like the stock pipe ?
"Stella" is Latin for "use threadlocker on all fasteners"