Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How does my drive belt look?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
HanShan

2103 Genuine Blur 220i

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: How does my drive belt look? Reply with quote

Took a look at my drive belt today. I assume it looks good. Looks kind of dirty in there though, no? I have 9800 miles on my bike and I do not know when it was last changed.

I kicked out the stowaway spider. Smile

https://imgur.com/a/jt22d
Dooglas

Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to tell the condition of a CVT belt by visual inspection. If it is cracked or "lugs" are broken off the belt then damage is obvious. But that will not typically be the case. Some measure the width of the belt to check for wear. I simply change mine every 6-8 thousand miles. I've never had one break while on the road and I'd like to keep it that way.
chickdr

'11 Blur SS220i , '13 FZ6R

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I change mine every 4k. The manual says to check it every 3750 miles. My first one looked pretty bad at 4k so I will change it every 4k from this point on. You can also clean out the inside of the case while you are there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: