Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MJR

Post by MJR »

Hi to all, I hope I'm posting this in the right place, not sure.
My name is Mike, I purchased an orange Buddy Kick 125 (my wife's choice) earlier this year from a Philly dealer. I gave up on pushing my H_D 883 Sportster up and down the drive way, too old for that. No, three old. My riding is very limited these days, just running errands. I was a long time motorcycle rider, 50 years, but the pleasure of dodging cellphone jockeys has worn thin.
Not many miles on my Kick, but I can tell you it's a keeper. Light, lively, and perfect for in town riding.

You have a nice place here, I'll do my best to keep it that way for you.
PhillyKick

Post by PhillyKick »

Welcome aboard! Our scoots are twins!
Always ready to ride in the Philly area, hit me up.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Thanks, and I look forward to it Phillykick. I need to put miles on this little guy.
Syd

Re: New Member

Post by Syd »

MJR wrote:You have a nice place here, I'll do my best to keep it that way for you.
You'd better or you'll lose your deposit! :)
The majority is always sane - Nessus
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Welcome to MB and welcome to the world of scootering. I too have been riding motorcycles for quite a long time. I first started riding scooters back in the early nineties and haven't looked back since. Like you, I find riding a scooter in the city for light shopping errands, going out to eat, or just to hang out at a coffee shop the best thing since sliced bread.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

babblefish wrote:Like you, I find riding a scooter in the city for light shopping errands, going out to eat, or just to hang out at a coffee shop the best thing since sliced bread.
Technically off-thread but topically related - I love that in the Italian movie/series "Suburra" the lead bad guy, the arch honcho, 'Samurai', gets all around Rome and shows up to make his ominous threats on a scooter!
A very nice illustration of just how practical a scooter is for 'running errands', going to a restaurant, or 'just hanging out at a coffee shop'. ;)
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Christophers that's an interesting idea that I hadn't considered. However, when times get rough at least I now have options denied to others.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Syd I worked hard for the deposit. No worries, my wife will keep me in line. She liked the Buddy more than the Vespa. Wifie holds a lot of sway when it comes to two wheels.
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Welcome! Safe, happy scootering......and we like pictures!!! :)
MJR

Post by MJR »

Thanks to all for the welcome. I'm very glad to be here. Pictures, when I learn how to post I will be more than happy to share.