Is my exhaust de-restricted? (picture inside)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scootbwh

Is my exhaust de-restricted? (picture inside)

Post by scootbwh »

Here is a picture of my exhaust opening. The scoots came with little adapters in a sealed bag that look like an exhaust restriction device. Weird.

I assume its already de-restricted? The dealer didn't do any "de-restricting" work.
Attachments
IMG_20171109_2055247 (Mobile).jpg
IMG_20171109_2055247 (Mobile).jpg (57.32 KiB) Viewed 623 times
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

They now ship with the variator restriction installed and the exhaust restriction removed due to emissions. If the dealer doesn't remove the variator restriction, engine damage can occur from the engine running at too high RPM.
scootbwh

Post by scootbwh »

dasscooter wrote:They now ship with the variator restriction installed and the exhaust restriction removed due to emissions. If the dealer doesn't remove the variator restriction, engine damage can occur from the engine running at too high RPM.
Thanks!
I don't have the variator restriction, but not sure how that translates to high rpm damage?
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

If the variator can't close all the way it'll easily hit 12,000+RPM. Extended periods like that and your piston circlips have the tendency to pop out. That wouldn't be good.