Hand guards for winter

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ahorsewithnoname

Hand guards for winter

Post by ahorsewithnoname »

Anyone have any luck with them?
Thanks, Greatgrandpo
New2Scoots

Post by New2Scoots »

After reading your post I thought I'd look around. I'll need some this winter, just retired so I'll be riding almost daily from now on. Saw bar mounted ones, mirror mounted ones & some that clamped around the handlebar, which won't work on the Buddy. I may try the mirror mount ones, though I hate sharing that part. My mirror mounted windshield was a little wobbly & I had to use blue thread lock because the mirrors kept spinning around until I just took off the screen. I've had hand guards on my current motorcycle for years & they really help keep my hands warmer in winter. Will do more shopping online & post if I get some.
2014 Genuine Buddy 170i
2014 Honda NC700X

sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I had clear ones that went in the end of the bars and came around to protect your hands. They were custom made, but PUIG or SHAD makes clear ones last I looked, but they are not bar end mount (universal). I looked in the vortex (garage) and cannot find them. They either fell in the thrift store box or a friend grabbed them. I use heated grips now but Im seriously considering heated lith-ion powered gloves for my Zuma because it cannot power ANY accessories. Someone at work was making custom clear windshields, leg protectors, and other stuff for his Ruckus. He was the one that hooked me up. Worked great and looked really clean.
EricV

Post by EricV »

For the price, I might pick up a pair of these and just poke holes for the mirrors. Remove mirrors, put grip covers on, put mirrors back on thru the holes I made. Bonus, velcro securing straps and with the mirrors going thru the covers, they won't blow off or be easily stolen.
Home Depot ATV Handlebar Mitts
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

The only gripes I ever had with universal bar mitts was the air could slip thru the smallest of gaps. Plus, make sure you water proof the crap out of them. Finally, when you get moving the mitt will blow against the end of the brake lever and partially pull the brakes. Just my two cents from being a year round rider. The guy who made the custom clear wind blockers got the specific made muffs for his Honda NC700 (have the controls printed on them) and he loves them. Cold hands suck! Lets find a good solution.