Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bought a Blur again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
davelhunter

Blur 220i

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Bought a Blur again Reply with quote

After 5 years, a Kawasaki Z125, and 2 GSXR 600s, I am back to the Blur 220i. Going to customize this one like my last Blur. Let the mods begin!
babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Please do tell us what mods you do. If you're 180lb+ and/or am around 6' or more, I have the perfect rear shock for you...
davelhunter

Blur 220i

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Starting the work Reply with quote

Removing rear fender, orange lenses, and turn signal lights under handlebars. Wiring original front turn signals, led headlight, led running light bulbs, led brake light, pro grip grips, magnet mount phone mount. 12v usb power socket up front under handlebars, metal floorboards, aluminum engine fan cover, Pro Grip grips, painting center plastic silver, painting rims satin black, silver reflective rim stripes, iridium spark plug, making a fender eliminator kit for under the tail section with a license plate mount and led license plate light, cutting off those two metal tabs from the frame that hang down where the rear fender previously mounted, cutting off the piece of plastic trim that hangs down across the bottom of the tail light where the fender previously mounted, painting rear rack, levers, and handlebar ends satin black, filter change and synthetic oil.
pcsguy88

2013 Genuine Blur 220i, 2009 125cc Sym Fiddle II (R.I.P.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to zip around city streets with plenty of power and no shifting. Maybe Genuine will give us 300cc's for the 3rd iteration of the Blur. Twisted Evil
HanShan

2103 Genuine Blur 220i

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am very happy with my Blur. Once I got over not knowing it as much as the Buddy's I have owned it is really a part of me now. So easy to ride and fun.

I have plans to take it from North Carolina to Washington state next spring on a sort of spiritual journey.
GregsBuddy

Buddy 170i Vespa GTS 250ie Piaggio BV350

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a current and very happy 170i owner and am looking to purchase a Blur 220. The people on this string seem to be passionate about the Blur, thus my message here. A few answers and thoughts, please:
How's the reliability of the Blur?
Is the performance significantly higher than the Buddy?
Has anyone cut the seat foam to lower the reach to the floor?
Any mod's to bike that really add to its performance and handling?
Thanks!!

chickdr

'11 Blur SS220i , '13 FZ6R

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregsBuddy wrote:
I'm a current and very happy 170i owner and am looking to purchase a Blur 220. The people on this string seem to be passionate about the Blur, thus my message here. A few answers and thoughts, please:
How's the reliability of the Blur?
Is the performance significantly higher than the Buddy?
Has anyone cut the seat foam to lower the reach to the floor?
Any mod's to bike that really add to its performance and handling?
Thanks!!

Personally I wouldn't waste money on the "upgrade" when you have the two Italians which are far better than the Blur. No significant upgrades available for the the Blur. It isn't even sold by Genuine anymore. I have not driven a 170 but I am sure it weighs less so the performance is likely very similar as far as acceleration. i would suspect the Blur handles/brakes better. My Blur has been reliable so far. Eats batteries. Needs a new drive belt every 4-5k as well which isn't cheap.
pcsguy88

2013 Genuine Blur 220i, 2009 125cc Sym Fiddle II (R.I.P.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickdr wrote:

Personally I wouldn't waste money on the "upgrade" when you have the two Italians which are far better than the Blur. No significant upgrades available for the the Blur. It isn't even sold by Genuine anymore. I have not driven a 170 but I am sure it weighs less so the performance is likely very similar as far as acceleration. i would suspect the Blur handles/brakes better. My Blur has been reliable so far. Eats batteries. Needs a new drive belt every 4-5k as well which isn't cheap.

Agreed. With the BV350 in your stable, you already have what those of us with the 220 wish we had. The 220 gets you to and comfortably cruises anywhere between 60 and 70, but over 70 strips away my confidence in the Blur. He is not a highway bike unless you just feel like squirting up a couple of exits at a time. Not fast off the line, but boy does it have that mid-range power to satisfy all your commuting needs to switch lanes and take off.
GregsBuddy

Buddy 170i Vespa GTS 250ie Piaggio BV350

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm attracted to the 13" aluminum wheels, larger engine, disk brakes, secondary swingarm, and overall handling I'm told the Blur has in spades. I also like the midsize even if it weighs ~75 #'s more than the 170i.
I love my BV350 and 170i and have owned both since new. The 170i has been improved with aftermarket shock and forks and handles very nicely. The 170i is also rock reliable and is a real workhorse for shopping and running errands. The BV is the bike I choose for longer rides that may include highway travel. It simply rocks twisties and is like a Maserati in that it's solid, sophisticated and smooth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: