RH Stolen. Destroyed Gas Cap

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RoaringTodd

RH Stolen. Destroyed Gas Cap

Post by RoaringTodd »

Greeting Roughhousers - Two weeks ago, my RH and Stella were stolen out from my locked garage. They kicked in the door and just made off with the scooters. The Stella was recovered the next day because they couldn't figure out how to ride it. Two weeks later, the Roughhouse was found in some woods near my house. A group of teenagers rolled it to the local PD, and the PD called me to come and get it.

The reason why they abandoned it? It ran out of gas, and they didn't have the key. So they tried to pry off the cap, but only succeeded in destroying the whole cap. The internal parts of the gas cap is still there.

Is there any way to get that part out without drilling and having chucks of metal fall into the gas tank?
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Not in my experience - you'll have to take the body off and pull the tank out to clean it.

The tank gets damaged in every one I've seen. They try and pry it off which bends the tank and then it doesn't seal correctly anymore. Water then can get in if it rains.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Thanks so much for that tip. That makes more sense, and makes reporting the damage easier to the insurance estimator. He had no idea where to start with the Stella, and I imagine he will too with the Roughhouse. It's not as if you can meandor on down to the neighborhood auto body shop and pick up a body panel.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.