Replacement Battery For Buddy 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Snap

Replacement Battery For Buddy 125

Post by Snap »

Anyone found/is using an AGM replacement battery for the Buddy's YTX7A-BS?
I've generally had good luck with AGM batteries on the other bikes.

Tired of the two year replacement routine on the Buddy. They hold up as long as they always get trickle charged, but anytime I forget to hook up the battery tends to be toast.
mhardgrove

Post by mhardgrove »

https://www.amazon.com/YTX9-BS-Performa ... le+battery

THIS!!!!! GET THIS! I bought this EXACT battery when they were $29 (it's $39 now) and had it for 3 years with out a single issue before my scooter was stolen. It's physically larger than the stock battery and that said, you do need to trim the underside of the top of the battery cover, but it is 100% WORTH IT! Cheaper and more powerful than a stock size battery for this scooter.

This battery was HEAVY for it's size (which is a good thing as weight=lead), and it's a sealed gel battery with requires NO maintenance!

Now, I suggest with any battery you have, make sure you invest in a float charger and use it every couple of weeks to top it off, more often if you make a series of really short trips and or start it infrequently. It doesn't have to be fancy, I used a $6 one from harbor freight, but it helps to make the battery last longer.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The YTZ10S also fits the Buddy and is a higher capacity AGM battery.
Last edited by Dooglas on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoSlash27

Post by GoSlash27 »

We used an Autocraft TZ10S. Fits like a glove.

Best,
-Slashy
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Dooglas wrote:The YTZ10S also fits the Buddy and is a higher capacity AGM battery.
Well, just replaced the YTZ10S in our Buddy 125. It gave us 7 years of good service. Can't argue with that. Replaced it with another just like it.
New2Scoots

another option

Post by New2Scoots »

I went to Batteries Plus last week & got an AGM battery for my Buddy 170i. It's an XTAZ10S. Store item # is CYLAZ10SXTA. $89.99. 185 cold cranking amps. Same size as the Yuasa YTX7A-BS that my scoot had which was rated at 105 cold cranking amps. Unfortunately I haven't had time to ride but will tomorrow. While I was there I got 2 more batts for my other scoot & motorcycle. No shipping charge, store was right down the road.
2014 Genuine Buddy 170i
2014 Honda NC700X

k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I bought this YTZ10S-BS for $15.99 and so far it seems fine. I don't know how it'll hold up over time, but the price can't be beat.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GQ ... UTF8&psc=1
giddyup98

Post by giddyup98 »

I bought a similar cheap battery off ebay and it lasted less than 2 years and that's with it being on a Battery Tender year round.
2009 Genuine Buddy 125
2012 Genuine Buddy 170
2005 Vespa GT 200
bbuddyb

Post by bbuddyb »

I got a TX7A-BS about a month ago and it's been fine.