Stella Auto: Dropped, Now Won't Start

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

FourLegsGood

Stella Auto: Dropped, Now Won't Start

Post by FourLegsGood »

Last night I was pulling out of a parking space on an incline and dropped my Stella Automatic on its right-hand side. It was very brief and the scooter came back to life very quickly. I drove it home and went to ride it the next morning. It began to act as though it was running out of gas, sputtering and eventually dying. I've been trying to start her back up but its a no go. Am I looking at gas-soaked air filter (I thought those were on the LH side of the Autos so idk how that would be the culprit) or something harder to fix? Thanks.
Last edited by FourLegsGood on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FourLegsGood

Post by FourLegsGood »

Well, I pulled out the air filter and, while it smelled of gas, the engine still wouldn't start with it removed.
FourLegsGood

Post by FourLegsGood »

Checked oil level which seemed good. Added 2 oz seafoam to the gas tank to hopefully clear any problems with the carb. Another update, now when I try to start it will attempt to go then stop followed by a buzzing sound for as long as the starter button is held. Presuming that's the battery being dead from the numerous attempts at starting.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Seafoam won't do anything if the scooter will not run.
youkiddin

Post by youkiddin »

pull the plug, see if your getting spark, if you have a new plug try that you may have fouled the one that is in there.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

The Stella auto has two fuel tanks. The big one in the back, and a smaller one up above the carburetor. The pump moved gas from the big tank up to the little one, which feeds the crab. Maybe it lost it's prime?

I believe there's also an tip-over valve under the seat. Maybe bypass it with a hose coupler and see if it starts.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...