Two riders on the Hooligan

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Benchie

Two riders on the Hooligan

Post by Benchie »

For a couple of slightly overweight seniors, the seat on the Hooligan looks bigger than the seat on the Buddy we currently own. The Buddy is a bit crowded....I weigh 210 and wife weighs 130(??).

Any comments on the "comfort" of two riders on the Hooligan.
skipper20

Re: Two riders on the Hooligan

Post by skipper20 »

Benchie wrote:For a couple of slightly overweight seniors, the seat on the Hooligan looks bigger than the seat on the Buddy we currently own. The Buddy is a bit crowded....I weigh 210 and wife weighs 130(??).

Any comments on the "comfort" of two riders on the Hooligan.
The Hooligan's dual rear shocks, bigger wheels and tires and longer wheelbase should definitely help.

Bill in Seattle
'12 Buddy 170i Oxford Green
'14 Hooligan 170i Matte Green
Ootscoot

Post by Ootscoot »

My wife and I have ridden together on the Hooligan and find it more comfortable than the Buddy - the extra power helps as well.
Ex-Scooter dealer, current scooter rider, scooter owner...
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Ootscoot wrote:My wife and I have ridden together on the Hooligan and find it more comfortable than the Buddy - the extra power helps as well.
The extra length I can see but doesn't the Hooligan 170i and Buddy 170i share the same engine?
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Ootscoot

Post by Ootscoot »

Different engine - longer case (12" wheels), more power but with lighter rollers (11g.), same top speed. No oil filter, but oil cooler in front cover.
Ex-Scooter dealer, current scooter rider, scooter owner...
hewl35

Post by hewl35 »

Me at 205 and wife at 170 could still hit 55 in between red lights. Kinda of tight , I'm 5'7 and the wife is 5'2..