Hooligan windscreen failure

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Ootscoot

Hooligan windscreen failure

Post by Ootscoot »

The windscreen on my Hooligan fell off today after 1 year of riding. The mounting bolts go up through the bottom of the handlebar housing to nuts welded onto tabs on the handlebar. These tabs just sheared off after 5,000 mi. of riding. The mirror mounted windscreen on my Buddy is still snug, so I am considering adapting a Buddy windscreen for the Hooligan. Any other ideas?
Ex-Scooter dealer, current scooter rider, scooter owner...
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Take a look at the Slipstreamer line of scooter windshields. I used the scoot 66 on a buddy before. I re-shaped it a little narrower and rounder on the corners. They are thick acrylic with solid mounting options. Be sure to use Loctite on the connections.
Ootscoot

Post by Ootscoot »

Thanks for the suggestion- we have a few of the slipstream scoot 66. Used them on the SYM HD 200...I think they may be too big for me, but with some trimming...
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

I've seen that happen before. A Slipstreamer scooter shield will work - it bolts to the mirror mounts.
Ootscoot

Post by Ootscoot »

I ended up using a spare Buddy windscreen - the slipstreamer 66 needed too much modification - bigger than I cared for. The Buddy screen fit fine, and snug.
I really needed it the last few days as ash from the wildfires near here is falling like snow...
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

My Hooligan mounts broke for my windscreen early in the riding season this year, and I removed the screen before it totally fell off. Under warranty Genuine would not cover a repair for their insufficient factory mounting points, which still pisses me off. So now I am windscreenless riding, with an almost new windshield kit just sitting that I should post in the classifieds one of these days, as I know it will not fit on my new ride I'm about to pull the trigger on.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

luckyscroller788 wrote:as I know it will not fit on my new ride I'm about to pull the trigger on.
which is...???
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

Christophers wrote:
luckyscroller788 wrote:as I know it will not fit on my new ride I'm about to pull the trigger on.
which is...???
An Indian Springfield
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

Indian Springfield
Attachments
rsz_1_104409_pm.jpg
rsz_1_104409_pm.jpg (136.7 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
HolliganBrock

Post by HolliganBrock »

Any chance you can post a picture of the Hooligan with a buddy wind screen? I’m not a huge fan of the size and options for the Hooligan, so if you can mount a buddy screen on one, I’d be interested in trying it.