170i Exhaust nut torque?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GregsBuddy

170i Exhaust nut torque?

Post by GregsBuddy »

Hello,

The subject line says it all. I've scoured the manual and do not see a specific torque for the acorn nuts fastening the exhaust to the engine. There's a general torque spec' for different size bolts, but no specific torque for these nuts.
Lost one of these nuts in the last 3,000 miles, so I want to be certain to torque the exhaust correctly this time. I was considering drilling and wiring the nuts but then it would be more difficult to work on it if I needed to do something on the road requiring the exhaust's removal.
Thanks!
'09 Yamaha TMAX Large sport scoot.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I don't use a torque wrench on those. I tighten them snug and go about a bit past. Most torque wrenches are fairly long. If a loud noise keeps you from hearing the click, and it's fairly easy to sheer off the stud. If you want to torque them, I believe the spec is 11/ftlbs
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

DeeDee wrote:I don't use a torque wrench on those. I tighten them snug and go about a bit past. Most torque wrenches are fairly long. If a loud noise keeps you from hearing the click, and it's fairly easy to sheer off the stud. If you want to torque them, I believe the spec is 11/ftlbs
I agree.
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.