Cover for Hooligan

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bonesbrigade

Cover for Hooligan

Post by bonesbrigade »

Hi all

I'm looking for recommendations for a cover for a Hooligan. I'm moving to the city and losing the garage its been kept in. I tried searching the forum - but no luck. Thanks!
EricV

Post by EricV »

I've been very happy with the price/quality of the Nelson-Rigg covers. I have a motorcycle one for my motorcycle and it's held up well for many years now.

Ebay has a wide variety of scooter size covers for reasonable prices. Dowco and Nelson-Rigg are decent brands. Prima is well known for scooter stuff as well.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Ollies has motorcycle covers for dirt cheap. I use one to cover the Burgman when snow is coming but lately I make space in the garage. Go cheap on the first cover in case the new neighborhood steals bike covers (I write my address on the cover inside and out with a wide tip Sharpie) and while you learn how to secure it from blowing off and melting on the muffler.
bonesbrigade

Post by bonesbrigade »

Thanks! I'll look into these brands for sure. Going cheap seems like a really good idea at first too. Nothing would draw attention there like a fancy cover.
EricV

Post by EricV »

Just don't get one that says "Harley Davidson" on the side!! :lol:

My experience has been out of sight, out of mind. Mr. Common Thief will go on to the next bike/scooter w/o a cover and no obvious alarm before lifting your cover to see what's under it.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

My cover has my address written on the side with huge letters and numbers. I hope that if it somehow breaks loose and goes solo someone will find it and return it. Also, if someone steals it and I find it on someone else's bike/scooter I will kick their wheels over. We have a guy in our area get his motorcycle stolen from his driveway by the lift and toss. No ground anchor or alarm. Had a Ninja ZX cover on his Ninja. Guess it came free with the bike. What a dumb idea. Like tossing expensive gift boxes out, like big flat screen and such, at Xmass so everyone knows what you got!