[NBR] Jack/Lift Suggestions

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

charlie55

[NBR] Jack/Lift Suggestions

Post by charlie55 »

Anyone here have/use a hydraulic motorcycle jack for working on their scoots?

I ain't getting any younger and flopping around on a concrete floor to get at all 257,000 of the Helix's tupperware fasteners isn't as entertaining as it used to be. I've looked at the gamut ranging from Harbor Freight to PitBull and J&S, and I'm sorta torn between going hydraulic or just building a ramp and table solution myself. The jacks seem to be pretty convenient, but almost all top out at between 14 and 17 inches. 24 inches would be great.

A lift table would be ideal, but alas, I don't have the room.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Never tried the jacks but the wife got the garage a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift table a few years back. Raises to about hip height, paint is pretty durable and overall worth it. It does take up a bit of space when fully lowered but it fits under the trucks when we have to bring one in the garage. Have had a 50cc PUCH to a fully loaded Goldwing on it and it never gave me any problems. Came just under $450 on sale combined with the coupon. Dang, just saw your no room comment. Again, it does fit under a truck when lowered.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I've looked around for years. Either the table folds up nice and small, but costs a fortune - or - The table is less expensive, but doesn't stow away well.

I've been thinking of putting my ramps on my sturdy homemade workbench and pushing the scooter up onto it. The problem is my bench is too wide to get good access to the scooter.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

I've done the wood slab on concrete blocks shade tree mechanic thing with my Honda Elite 150. Not something I would recommend with a heavier bike. There are some building kits for motorcycle tables made out of 3/4 plywood out on the interzewebs.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.