What NOT to Do

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

What NOT to Do

Post by jrsjr »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WAlpb53s8s4" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I'm not going to mention any names, but on a certain "other" board there were endless clueless people pontificating on "tank slappers." You can see the real deal on this video at 1:45.

NOTE: It is NOT pretty.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Ah, youth, how I miss it sometimes. Been there/done that. That was a good slapper though!
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

This is why I have told my boys not to get on two wheels until they are at least 30+ years old. I'm so glad I started riding later on in life. I can't imagine the stupid shit I would have done had I been younger.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

Yes indeed. "Ah, youth".
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

Just cause a someone is young does not mean he will not be cautious. I was a prime example.

The first time I rode a mini bike I was 13 years old. I insisted, neglecting the taunts of my peer group, of going no faster than 15 mph and actually properly strapping my helmet.

I think we see young kids do stupid things and stereotype them. Stupid kids grow up to be stupid adults, and cautious kids grow up to be labeled neurotic. :)
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

HanShan wrote:and cautious kids grow up to be labeled neurotic. :)
LOL!
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Really makes me want a DR 650.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

HanShan wrote:Just cause a someone is young does not mean he will not be cautious. I was a prime example.

The first time I rode a mini bike I was 13 years old. I insisted, neglecting the taunts of my peer group, of going no faster than 15 mph and actually properly strapping my helmet.

I think we see young kids do stupid things and stereotype them. Stupid kids grow up to be stupid adults, and cautious kids grow up to be labeled neurotic. :)
Sorry to say, in my version of this exact same story, I was 11 and they found me upside down in a ditch (still astride the minibike, mind you, just upside down), and I still had the throttle pinned wide open...
New2Scoots

Post by New2Scoots »

My first motorcycle was a dirt bike & I crashed so many times trying to wheelie I decided never to try it on the road. No problem on a bicycle, I could wheelie the length of my neighborhood street.
2014 Genuine Buddy 170i
2014 Honda NC700X