Roughhouse airbox fix for all season riders

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CIDDOG124

Roughhouse airbox fix for all season riders

Post by CIDDOG124 »

]for all the roughouse owner who have not discovered that the air box on these things are open too the elements. Here's a possible solution too save your car and keep most of the water dirt and God knows what else kicks up off the road. Ps,that hose that leads off the engine shroud redirect that too the right towards the oil reserve too .the fan on the stagnator side that draws in the air blows the stuff off the road in direct path of the carb airbox intake right down the carbs throut. Bicycle handle bar grip garden hose and up and under the left grab cut out tucked under and before the seat latch is about the drest area and easyiest I've found to route th he hose. Hope it helps someone the option is the redaily avalable replacement carb after its gone too he'll collectin all the road dirt water and everything else . Very bad design[/img] ps hope the image goes threw new too the post thing
skipper20

Re: Roughhouse airbox fix for all season riders

Post by skipper20 »

CIDDOG124 wrote:]for all the roughouse owner who have not discovered that the air box on these things are open too the elements. Here's a possible solution too save your car and keep most of the water dirt and God knows what else kicks up off the road. Ps,that hose that leads off the engine shroud redirect that too the right towards the oil reserve too .the fan on the stagnator side that draws in the air blows the stuff off the road in direct path of the carb airbox intake right down the carbs throut. Bicycle handle bar grip garden hose and up and under the left grab cut out tucked under and before the seat latch is about the drest area and easyiest I've found to route th he hose. Hope it helps someone the option is the redaily avalable replacement carb after its gone too he'll collectin all the road dirt water and everything else . Very bad design[/img] ps hope the image goes threw new too the post thing
Recommend you also post this on the Roughhouse section of this forum. Yes, a picture of your design would be most welcome. Thanks for sharing.

Bill in Seattle but currently wintering in Tucson
'15 Hooligan 170i Titanium (AZ scoot)
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am having a hard time understanding your post. This is a time where a picture is better than 1000 words.