RH50

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Cruzinthekitchen005

RH50

Post by Cruzinthekitchen005 »

Here to share my scoot and my mods. I have a Malossi 70 kit, ncy intake and oko 28mm carb. Right now running the sport exhaust, 6g rollers, goped stem with ada bars. Its jetted fat, 180 main, once shes broken in ill jet it down.

I have a YMS V8 for a jog on its way along with a stage6 pro replica also for a jog. We will see if it fits, theoretically, it should... Ill post more as parts come.

Cruzinthekitchen005

So from what ive gathered.. We all know that if you search roughhouse50 or buddy50, you are very limited..

Its a yamaha jog top end, so search for a jog as long as its not the water cooled version, it should fit. Try to stay away from the no name brand big bore kits.. The casting is terrible..try to stick with name brands like masolssi or polini..

Internals- dio and gy6 parts will fit. I have a ncy clutch with a variator from a dio, along with a contra spring for a dio.
Cruzinthekitchen005

Wohoo!

stage6 pro replica for a jog.. Ordered it raw but they only had chrome with carbon can.. No biggie, ill take it!
Everything that came in the box..
There was a restrictor plate that was welded in the head pipe. I just drilled the little welds and removed it.

What difference the pipe makes. The sport pipe was really holding the performance back. The pipe hits low to mid with a good smooth top end. Its not as loud as I thought it would be. I ran it with a 120 main and it was fast, but power faded once it was warm, maybe too lean. Switched to a 180, way too rich, went to 150, still a touch rich. Will try 140 and play with needle settings to fine tune. The fit was almost spot on. The angle on the mounting bracket it a little off. I will post mounting pics soon...
Cruzinthekitchen005

Boom! Was running up a hill when the power faded..let off the throttle and she died.
Running a 150 main, moved the clip up one to lean it out... This was the result.. Moved back to a 180 on rhe new kit..
Some pics of the pipe fitment...
Cruzinthekitchen005

So I ordered a Malossi 70 kit for a Yamaha BWS. The last kit that I used was NCY for a Yamaha Jog. Here are the two kits side by side with a few notes...

the NCY uses the copper gaskets, while the Malossi uses a rubber ring. It looks like the Malossi has a bit more compression than the NCY. At first I didnt like the quality of the Malossi.. the cast was a bit more rough, the exhaust hole is smaller than the NCY.
Here you can see the difference between the two transfer ports. Notice how on the Malossi (right side) the transfer ports are rounded on the bottom, thats how the case ports are shaped.. so it matches the case better than the NCY kit, which are squared all the way around...
Here you can see that there is and extra cooling fin on the Malossi...right now im running a OKO 28 with 72 pilot and 150 main, middle clip on the needle...

I have a Stage6 kit coming in the mail.. Ill update when it comes in...
Cruzinthekitchen005

Its here!
This is a nice kit. Casting quality is really good with no slag.. Its an aluminum cylinder, loads lighter than the cast iron.. Still breaking in the malossi.. I found i had an air leak around the intake, plugs are nice and coffee colored. Switched to a 24mm oko with 55 pilot and 145main..
Hope all this info is useful for someone
Cruzinthekitchen005

Cut and welded the pipe, got a radial for the rear.
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

That exhaust hanging out way back there is really going to really put your mounts to a stress test.
Cruzinthekitchen005

Can is getting cut down soon. I need to find a cutting disk that isnt going to splinter the carbon. Carbon can.. not to worried about it stressing anything. If it breaks ill post a pic. Thank you.
jman

Post by jman »

Aloha

I notice you are in Hawaii. Did you have any problems getting a safety check done,with the Mods you put on?

Mahalo
Cruzinthekitchen005

Aloha! I kept it stock when I went in for safety. No chance of passing with any visible mods. :D
jman

Post by jman »

Safety check law is a bummer
Last year they tried to make it illegal to derestrict your moped.
I don’t think that law passed
Aloha