Tool kit for long distance travel

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

milly

Tool kit for long distance travel

Post by milly »

Hi,
I have a selection of tools for the 2t but wondered what else would be useful as not to familiar with engine on scooter.
Have 1/4 drive socket set only used 8 and 10mm so far but dont want to take them all.
What other 1/4 drive sockets needed.
I will get a 3/8 drive crackerbar and 10mm for wheel removal
Have flat and cross blade screwdrivers and angled one for carb.
Have pliers and third hand tool.
Allen keys used on these or torx keys and what sizes.
Spanners I have but again do not want to take them all
have all the special tools specific to Stella 2t geared model.
Plus loads of spares for journey.
I presume hub nut would want a fairly large socket too.
Spent time online but not seen anything on other forums about tools.
I would crawl about over the scooter to check myself normaly but being the welsh weather we are having its dark when I get in and my old body hurts bent over to long :)
many thanks in advance if anyone can help.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Fly wheel puller and fly side case seal.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
milly

Post by milly »

Thankyou BuddyRaton, have the puller but not the seal shall check that out
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Some additional parts I bring on long distance runs are bulbs, spare CDI, manual air pump, cables, fourth hand tool (but you can get away without one if needed) jets for elevation changes, carb rebuild kit, spare tube
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
milly

Post by milly »

Thanks, yes jets definitely for going up the alp's.
Today I am changing rear hub seal as sprung a leak. Hopefully I have the right one as appears to be a discrepancy whether 27mm or 30 mm.
AhueDrist

Re: Tool kit for long distance travel

Post by AhueDrist »

While this thread may be from six years back, your inquiry about scooter maintenance tools remains timeless, especially for those gearing up for long-distance adventures. Expanding your toolkit with additional socket sizes, such as 6mm and 12mm, ensures you're well-equipped for various maintenance tasks on the road. Consider investing in a set of Allen keys with multiple sizes to cover different bolt types commonly found on scooters.
And after all the hard work preparing your scooter, why not treat yourself to the luxury of flying business class for a truly comfortable and relaxing journey to your destination? It's a well-deserved indulgence after ensuring your scooter is in top shape for the road ahead!