Frame Bent??

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

zx44

Frame Bent??

Post by zx44 »

I’m wondering if the frame on my roughhouse might be bent. I’m thinking the step through area of the bike might be closed up some from a front end collision. Can somebody out there that has one make a measurement for me? About 1 inch under the front lower edge of the seat (on the plastic panel that sits underneath the seat) there is a somewhat flatter area on that plastic panel (about 2 x 3�). If you could measure from the center of that flatter area to the tip of the head of the screw that sits just a few inches to the left of the ignition switch. Hopefully measure within a 1/8� or so. Thank you
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

fwiw, the mounting tabs that hold the plastic panels can easily be bent out of shape without the main frametubes contorting, which would make things line up poorly.
zx44

Post by zx44 »

Hey thanks for the reply. I'm quite certain that there is some damage. After striping off the front plastic, I see some tell-tell signs in portions of the paint on the frame that it maybe bent. I can see the neck is twisted a few degrees to the side and I'm thinking that it bent back some also. When the bike is on the center stand it seems the rear wheel is too far off the ground. The impact was up around the handlebars and it just seems the forks or raked out too far. I have access to a automotive frame machine that I was going to scrap this thing down in and fix the twisted neck but I'm just trying to figure out how far to push it forward. I just need to make this good enough to be safe on some dirt roads out on a ranch.