Buddy Kick - Now Available in French Vanilla - $3195

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

That's what the Genuine site says today. I didn't see it this weekend when I peeked, but I may have just missed it. It looks pretty yummy, I have to admit. I need to try a Kick...

Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I like the retro styling of the Kick, and that is a good color (though I have a soft spot for orange :wink: ).
350kmi

Post by 350kmi »

I just went over to Genuine's site for a look and noticed that the standard Buddys pictured appear to have new wheels. The 50s now have a 5 spoke style and the 125 and 170s have a 9 or 10 spoke variety. They look like they might be alloy rather than stamped steel like the older styles.
exmayor

Post by exmayor »

The wheels are alloy and will be available mid year to retrofit to earlier Buddys
I had a conversation with a product manager at Genuine in Chicago a while back when I noticed the wheels. They are 2019 model changes.
To make the change will require ordering wheels, wheel bearings and valve stems. When they become available he will email the relevant part numbers and i will pass them on to the community.
They will be available in silver and black for sure and possibly some other colors.
Since we are retired I have plenty of time to stalk these things.

Rick
NCY fork, NCY shock, NCY rotor, NCY super trans, Conty Zippy 1 tires,CRG bar end mirrors, Shortened rear fender, Gen-u-bin, Cheeky Seats cover
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

exmayor wrote:The wheels are alloy and will be available mid year to retrofit to earlier Buddys
I had a conversation with a product manager at Genuine in Chicago a while back when I noticed the wheels. They are 2019 model changes.
To make the change will require ordering wheels, wheel bearings and valve stems. When they become available he will email the relevant part numbers and i will pass them on to the community.
They will be available in silver and black for sure and possibly some other colors.
Since we are retired I have plenty of time to stalk these things.

Rick
Do you know if these are going to be lighter weight than the older rims?

I hope some people upgrade their wheels to these and sell their old wheels, I have been looking for a cheap set of used wheels for some experiments, like running knobby tires or making a set of studded tires for riding on ice.
exmayor

Post by exmayor »

Erik
I don’t have any weight info. Hopefully they will be lighter to save some unstrung weight. I was,thinking about using the stock rims for some more aggressive tires to,ride some of the milder dirt trails
NCY fork, NCY shock, NCY rotor, NCY super trans, Conty Zippy 1 tires,CRG bar end mirrors, Shortened rear fender, Gen-u-bin, Cheeky Seats cover
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

exmayor wrote:The wheels are alloy and will be available mid year to retrofit to earlier Buddys
Thanks for that Rick! :)