Cooling fanq

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

issue31

Cooling fanq

Post by issue31 »

How much stuff do I have to remove to get at the fan on a Buddy 170? All I see is one bolt at top,and one screw at the bottom? Do I have to remove the exhaust to get to anything else? All I want to do is get to top dead center mark.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

One bolt on the bottom, one screw at the top, and possibly one other where the two halves of the fan shroud come together by the spark plug. You shouldn't have to remove the exhaust, the shroud should wiggle off.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

On my 170i I replaced the hard to reach bolt with an Allen head bolt. I would use the fan to get it to TDC when doing a valve adjustment. It was easier to get in there with a hex key than a socket.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

There is an inspection plug on my 125 but I still cant see TDC with it out. I remove the cover as well
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

The 170i has no Kickstarter. You either open up the cvt or use the fan to move the crank.