Windscreen for Buddy 125?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mike1nw

Windscreen for Buddy 125?

Post by Mike1nw »

2009 Buddy 125

Is there a windscreen available for this thing? It would sure help my wife's eyes, with pollen and whatnot in the air 8)
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
exmayor

Post by exmayor »

I am going to install one of these https://www.scooterworks.com/Prima-Shor ... 13417.aspx
I like the low profile with the size of the Buddy. I wish Scooterworks would have add a photo of it installed but the dimensions seem right.
NCY fork, NCY shock, NCY rotor, NCY super trans, Conty Zippy 1 tires,CRG bar end mirrors, Shortened rear fender, Gen-u-bin, Cheeky Seats cover
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

exmayor wrote:I am going to install one of these https://www.scooterworks.com/Prima-Shor ... 13417.aspx
Based on the dimensions, it should be the same as this smoked screen (that has a pic of it mounted). https://www.scooterworks.com/Prima-Wind ... 13188.aspx

It's worth calling Scooterworks to confirm.

I like these newer windscreens compared to the ones available when I purchased mine. Don't know if they perform better, but they have a nicer shape and I like the option of a smoked screen.
Mike1nw

Post by Mike1nw »

thanks
the prices are reasonable, comparatively speaking, as far as motorcycle parts are concerned...
but the mounting looks flimsy to me. I guess you can't attach directly to metal frame parts or the handlebars.
Nintari

Post by Nintari »

If it's just about keeping wind out of her eyes, you might be able to just buy a good full faced helmet instead. It should be a lot cheaper and a heck of a lot easier to install lol
exmayor

Post by exmayor »

The mirror mount threads on the handle bars seem fairly solid. I really like this mounting approach as it looks very clean without a lot of additional brackets. I am going to shoot all of the brackets satin black which should clean up the look. Should have it done toward the end of the month after we return to Madison.
NCY fork, NCY shock, NCY rotor, NCY super trans, Conty Zippy 1 tires,CRG bar end mirrors, Shortened rear fender, Gen-u-bin, Cheeky Seats cover
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

Mike1nw wrote:thanks
but the mounting looks flimsy to me.
Yes it does - but it is not.
The end result is a very solid mount.

That said, the screens can get bumped/twisted if someone pushes on them, but the attachment remains incredibly robust.
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.