Front running lights

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mike1nw

Front running lights

Post by Mike1nw »

2009 Buddy 125

It has turn signals mounted to the handlebar ends.

It also has lights located down low, on the front cowl piece, that are not connected- they have plug-in connectors just hanging there.

Is that for European scoots maybe? I can make a small harness and tap into the the power socket. I would put LED bulbs in the sockets 8) Just a little extra visibility.
VSP

Post by VSP »

You are correct. The lower blinkers, often referred to as deadlights, are not wide enough apart to meet DOT standards. When they are imported, the deadlights are disconnected and the upper DOT blinkers are installed and wired up.

You can click the link in my signature or search "deadlight adapters", "running light adapters", or "blinker adapters" for additional info and options.
Voodoo [voo-doo] -adjective. Claimed or reputed to provide an ingenious or seemingly magical solution to a problem. <A HREF="http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/topic29569.html">Get your VOODOO here</A>
Mike1nw

Post by Mike1nw »

Thank you!
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

This forum has a search feature. I am pretty sure this topic has been discussed once or twice before.

Dave