Some recommendations for a few go fast parts

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tac1

Some recommendations for a few go fast parts

Post by Tac1 »

Ok... so a while back I picked up a bone stock 2009 buddy 50. It's at my buddy's shop for maintenance, I was thinking of polini performance variator, roller weights for a few upgrades. I don't wanna spend a ton, I'm looking for simple mods to give me a bit more power.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Which is going to be more important for you....off the line acceleration, or top end?
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

A decent Stage 1 set-up should give you a bit more take off and top end. You need to do the variator and a expansion type exhaust. The Buddy motor might be a bit different as I have never tuned one. Could also do a 70cc top end and just push the stock parts that are on it. If you go with a 70cc make sure its jetted correctly!
Tac1

Post by Tac1 »

Well think I've got a combo... looking at the stage 1 which includes the prima expansion chamber pipe, jets, high compression spring and roller weights. I'll also do a polini performance variator as well. Believe that combo should more than wake up the buddy 50. Whatcha guys think about that setup? I can pick everything up for $300 in parts.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Sounds like a great idea. It'll definitely wake the bike up, and it'll set you up nicely for when you inevitably want to throw a kit on it later. Once you start scratching that itch....