Catching up on little projects to my 2t

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

chuckklr98

Catching up on little projects to my 2t

Post by chuckklr98 »

Just bought it, so I'm learning about the brand, and the model. Ie: parts availability.

1) Front brake is real tight, and brake light switch is always on. Seem the lever flops around loose and only goes off if you push it back. Ordered a new switch, and cover. Will flush and bleed brake line.

2) rear Turn signals on cowls do not work. Looks like the female piece that connects it to the bodies wire harness is missing. Gonna do more research on that, but did order one side of what looks like the right part.

3) Throttle tube is busted up. Ordered a new one. ouch!

4) Electric start does not work . Battery seems good. Waiting till I catch up on the street legal stuff. Still starts fine on kickstart.

5) Only 90psi compression, will only do about 42/45 mph.Any suggestions on kits ? Planing on new rings and piston after I sort the throttle issue and turn signals.
milly

Post by milly »

I bought mine new to me in October. Thought battery or starter naff. Went out got new battery and still the same checked old battery, lots of life in it. Had a light bulb moment. Pulled in the clutch and away it went. Also check clutch switch. Not sure where it is as mine started so no need to look.
dasscooter

Re: Catching up on little projects to my 2t

Post by dasscooter »

chuckklr98 wrote:Just bought it, so I'm learning about the brand, and the model. Ie: parts availability.

1) Front brake is real tight, and brake light switch is always on. Seem the lever flops around loose and only goes off if you push it back. Ordered a new switch, and cover. Will flush and bleed brake line.

2) rear Turn signals on cowls do not work. Looks like the female piece that connects it to the bodies wire harness is missing. Gonna do more research on that, but did order one side of what looks like the right part.

4) Electric start does not work . Battery seems good. Waiting till I catch up on the street legal stuff. Still starts fine on kickstart.

5) Only 90psi compression, will only do about 42/45 mph.Any suggestions on kits ? Planing on new rings and piston after I sort the throttle issue and turn signals.
1) Front master cylinder is shot. The Indian seals don't stand the test of time.

2) Hard wire the rear signals and add a bullet connector in the same area.

4) Just kickstart it unless you're a masochist and enjoy chasing electrical problems (I do)

5) Since it's still in one piece, my professional opinion would be to hone the cylinder (with a drill hone) and slap some fresh rings in it. Save the tuning for later when you have more experience with the Stellas.
chuckklr98

Post by chuckklr98 »

dasscooter wrote:
chuckklr98 wrote:Just bought it, so I'm learning about the brand, and the model. Ie: parts availability.

1) Front master cylinder is shot. The Indian seals don't stand the test of time.

4) Just kickstart it unless you're a masochist and enjoy chasing electrical problems (I do)

5) Since it's still in one piece, my professional opinion would be to hone the cylinder (with a drill hone) and slap some fresh rings in it. Save the tuning for later when you have more experience with the Stellas.
front brake works, just seems to have no "squeeze" , its either on , or off.

so do I have a buy a new one, or can it be rebuilt?
chuckklr98

Post by chuckklr98 »

dasscooter wrote:

tried bleeding it today. master cyclinder lever went al the way in , and will not come back out. pushed pads apart. nothing.
chuckklr98

Post by chuckklr98 »

Think I found a rebuild kit that will work . Scooter tech buddy says the internals are the same. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VESPA-PX-DISC- ... 0290.m3507
chuckklr98

Post by chuckklr98 »

Malossi 166 kit installed and working great.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

chuckklr98 wrote:Think I found a rebuild kit that will work . Scooter tech buddy says the internals are the same. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VESPA-PX-DISC- ... 0290.m3507

And??? any success? thanks
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
chuckklr98

Post by chuckklr98 »

jimmbomb wrote:
chuckklr98 wrote:Think I found a rebuild kit that will work . Scooter tech buddy says the internals are the same. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VESPA-PX-DISC- ... 0290.m3507

And??? any success? thanks
no go on it. got tired of waiting on parts that might work, and just ordered a whole new master cylinder from scooterlounge