Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Only 90psi compression on a 150cc 2t stella

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Author Message
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Only 90psi compression on a 150cc 2t stella Reply with quote

Thinking about just new rings and piston, but an upgrade might be nice. Is the performance worth the cost of the 166cc kits?

Thanks new to my $400 08 3600 mile beater, and this group.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 3841
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
2 - many

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what kind of performance you are looking for.
_________________
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better than stock for sure
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 3841
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
2 - many

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckklr98 wrote:
better than stock for sure


Well yeah...but what are you looking for? Off line, speed, top end, street racer, mountain roads, flats, altitude, touring?

Is that the Malossi 166 kit you are thinking of. They like high revs, I would also at a minimum change the crank and beef up the clutch. Don't forget to rejet..

_________________
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little more oomph is all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 3841
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
2 - many

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...it's tough to make any recommendations without knowing what you are looking to get. You will get all the help you need but you need to do your part too.

If you are looking for more "oomph" whick I guess means more power throughout the band I would probably suggest a DR 177 kit, higher performance pipe, upjet or go to a larger carb depending on what is in there now, and add a CHT. Timing will probably also need to be adjusted

It may be better for you to slap on a replacement stock top end and call it a day then go ride.

Here are the basics of moding

Fast
Reliable
Cheap

Pick two of the above

_________________
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont wanna spend that that much. nothing more than rejet and topend thus the 166cc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 3841
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
2 - many

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a Malossi 166 kit. It was a lot more than a bolt on. Ported, upped the carb to a 24/24, P200 tree, and custom full expansion chamber on a P motor.

That thing would smoke almost anything off the line. The pipe would really kick in at about 6,000 RPM Malossi loves the high revs!

For a reliable kit with a little extra "oomph" I would go with this

http://www.scootermercato.com/Scooter-Parts/DR/KT00017

I run a CHT (minimum) on any kitted motor

_________________
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuddyRaton wrote:
I did a Malossi 166 kit. It was a lot more than a bolt on. Ported, upped the carb to a 24/24, P200 tree, and custom full expansion chamber on a P motor.

That thing would smoke almost anything off the line. The pipe would really kick in at about 6,000 RPM Malossi loves the high revs!

For a reliable kit with a little extra "oomph" I would go with this

http://www.scootermercato.com/Scooter-Parts/DR/KT00017

I run a CHT (minimum) on any kitted motor


190 seems reasonable. Just need to go up two main jets sizes at sea level?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 3841
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
2 - many

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start rich then lean out. What carb is on there now? I'm not going to make any specific jetting recommendations. Add a CHT
_________________
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 3841
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
2 - many

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you gone over the motor and retorqued the bolts. I would definitely retorque the head bolts before doing anything else.
_________________
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure its stock, and no idea what cht is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 3841
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
2 - many

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't know what a CHT is I would suggest staying stock.
_________________
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuddyRaton wrote:
If you don't know what a CHT is I would suggest staying stock.


just because I dont know what cht is, does not mean I cant wrench.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 3841
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
2 - many

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still wrench...you can also easily blow up a kitted motor. Look..I'm trying to help you out however it is now time for you to do your research, you to make your decisions, and you to assume the results.

A CHT is a cylinder head temperature gauge...it can give you an idea as to when the motor is getting close to seizing. In other words...the rear wheel totally locking up at speed.

Here is a good write up from MV

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic48786?highlight=gauges

Please keep us updated.

_________________
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
jimmbomb
Member


Joined: 20 May 2011
Posts: 801
Location: St Louis
81 Vespa P200... past bikes. 08 stella 09 stella w/p200 motor and 2010 4t stella

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe find an old P200 and the sell the stella. Oomph city.
_________________
J H
upload pics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 3841
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
2 - many

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmbomb wrote:
maybe find an old P200 and the sell the stella. Oomph city.


solid scooters!

_________________
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuddyRaton wrote:
You can still wrench...you can also easily blow up a kitted motor. Look..I'm trying to help you out however it is now time for you to do your research, you to make your decisions, and you to assume the results.

A CHT is a cylinder head temperature gauge...it can give you an idea as to when the motor is getting close to seizing. In other words...the rear wheel totally locking up at speed.

Here is a good write up from MV

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic48786?highlight=gauges

Please keep us updated.


than say cylinder head temp instead of using cht, Older folk dont think in text talk abbreviation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 3841
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
2 - many

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckklr98 wrote:
BuddyRaton wrote:
You can still wrench...you can also easily blow up a kitted motor. Look..I'm trying to help you out however it is now time for you to do your research, you to make your decisions, and you to assume the results.

A CHT is a cylinder head temperature gauge...it can give you an idea as to when the motor is getting close to seizing. In other words...the rear wheel totally locking up at speed.

Here is a good write up from MV

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic48786?highlight=gauges

Please keep us updated.


than say cylinder head temp instead of using cht, Older folk dont think in text talk abbreviation.


Please play nice. And please do not instruct me on what terms I should use. That is unacceptable. Also I believe you meant to say "then say"

That is an accepted term in the two stroke motor(you will see people use 2T for these words, this is not "text talk") world. This is not "text talk" this is basic 2T motor talk.

It is obvious that you did not even read the thread I provided a link to; the thread oopsclunkthud wrote. That is the best explanation for gauges write up I have seen. As I said, it is time for you to do your own research.

I have made an honest attempt to assist you. It is time for you to assist yourself

Good Luck

Out

_________________
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuddyRaton wrote:
chuckklr98 wrote:
BuddyRaton wrote:
You can still wrench...you can also easily blow up a kitted motor. Look..I'm trying to help you out however it is now time for you to do your research, you to make your decisions, and you to assume the results.

A CHT is a cylinder head temperature gauge...it can give you an idea as to when the motor is getting close to seizing. In other words...the rear wheel totally locking up at speed.

Here is a good write up from MV

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic48786?highlight=gauges

Please keep us updated.


than say cylinder head temp instead of using cht, Older folk dont think in text talk abbreviation.


Please play nice. And please do not instruct me on what terms I should use. That is unacceptable. Also I believe you meant to say "then say"

That is an accepted term in the two stroke motor(you will see people use 2T for these words, this is not "text talk") world. This is not "text talk" this is basic 2T motor talk.

It is obvious that you did not even read the thread I provided a link to; the thread oopsclunkthud wrote. That is the best explanation for gauges write up I have seen. As I said, it is time for you to do your own research.

I have made an honest attempt to assist you. It is time for you to assist yourself

Good Luck

Out


LOL, THEN please stay away from my threads if you cant be nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 3841
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
2 - many

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not necessary for you to send me a PM telling me to stay off your posts.

This is Modern Buddy. I have the privilege, not right, to post on any thread on this forum.

You have the privilege of beginning a thread on MB (MB stands for Modern Buddy). You do not own the thread.

I have been polite and truly tried to help you, however your attitude may be part of the reason that no one else has offered assistance.

Do not concern yourself with me posting on the threads you appear to believe you have ownership of. I was very willing to assist you. This is no longer true.

_________________
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

;thank you, I'm more than willing accept advice, but not in the form of belittlement because I'm not familiar with your vernacular.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

  Scootergear designed by riders for riders


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
All Content Copyright 2007-2011 by Modern Buddy. All Rights Reserved.