Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catching up on little projects to my 2t

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Author Message
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Catching up on little projects to my 2t Reply with quote

Just bought it, so I'm learning about the brand, and the model. Ie: parts availability.

1) Front brake is real tight, and brake light switch is always on. Seem the lever flops around loose and only goes off if you push it back. Ordered a new switch, and cover. Will flush and bleed brake line.

2) rear Turn signals on cowls do not work. Looks like the female piece that connects it to the bodies wire harness is missing. Gonna do more research on that, but did order one side of what looks like the right part.

3) Throttle tube is busted up. Ordered a new one. ouch!

4) Electric start does not work . Battery seems good. Waiting till I catch up on the street legal stuff. Still starts fine on kickstart.

5) Only 90psi compression, will only do about 42/45 mph.Any suggestions on kits ? Planing on new rings and piston after I sort the throttle issue and turn signals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
milly
Member


Joined: 26 Nov 2017
Posts: 31
Location: U.K.
lml star deluxe 125

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine new to me in October. Thought battery or starter naff. Went out got new battery and still the same checked old battery, lots of life in it. Had a light bulb moment. Pulled in the clutch and away it went. Also check clutch switch. Not sure where it is as mine started so no need to look.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
dasscooter
Member


Joined: 14 Feb 2016
Posts: 326


PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Catching up on little projects to my 2t Reply with quote

chuckklr98 wrote:
Just bought it, so I'm learning about the brand, and the model. Ie: parts availability.

1) Front brake is real tight, and brake light switch is always on. Seem the lever flops around loose and only goes off if you push it back. Ordered a new switch, and cover. Will flush and bleed brake line.

2) rear Turn signals on cowls do not work. Looks like the female piece that connects it to the bodies wire harness is missing. Gonna do more research on that, but did order one side of what looks like the right part.

3) Throttle tube is busted up. Ordered a new one. ouch!

4) Electric start does not work . Battery seems good. Waiting till I catch up on the street legal stuff. Still starts fine on kickstart.

5) Only 90psi compression, will only do about 42/45 mph.Any suggestions on kits ? Planing on new rings and piston after I sort the throttle issue and turn signals.


1) Front master cylinder is shot. The Indian seals don't stand the test of time.

2) Hard wire the rear signals and add a bullet connector in the same area.

4) Just kickstart it unless you're a masochist and enjoy chasing electrical problems (I do)

5) Since it's still in one piece, my professional opinion would be to hone the cylinder (with a drill hone) and slap some fresh rings in it. Save the tuning for later when you have more experience with the Stellas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: Catching up on little projects to my 2t Reply with quote

dasscooter wrote:
chuckklr98 wrote:
Just bought it, so I'm learning about the brand, and the model. Ie: parts availability.

1) Front brake is real tight, and brake light switch is always on. Seem the lever flops around loose and only goes off if you push it back. Ordered a new switch, and cover. Will flush and bleed brake line.

2) rear Turn signals on cowls do not work. Looks like the female piece that connects it to the bodies wire harness is missing. Gonna do more research on that, but did order one side of what looks like the right part.

3) Throttle tube is busted up. Ordered a new one. ouch!

4) Electric start does not work . Battery seems good. Waiting till I catch up on the street legal stuff. Still starts fine on kickstart.

5) Only 90psi compression, will only do about 42/45 mph.Any suggestions on kits ? Planing on new rings and piston after I sort the throttle issue and turn signals.


1) Front master cylinder is shot. The Indian seals don't stand the test of time.

2) Hard wire the rear signals and add a bullet connector in the same area.

4) Just kickstart it unless you're a masochist and enjoy chasing electrical problems (I do)

5) Since it's still in one piece, my professional opinion would be to hone the cylinder (with a drill hone) and slap some fresh rings in it. Save the tuning for later when you have more experience with the Stellas.


front brake works, just seems to have no "squeeze" , its either on , or off.

so do I have a buy a new one, or can it be rebuilt?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Catching up on little projects to my 2t Reply with quote

dasscooter wrote:
chuckklr98 wrote:
Just bought it, so I'm learning about the brand, and the model. Ie: parts availability.

1) Front brake is real tight, and brake light switch is always on. Seem the lever flops around loose and only goes off if you push it back. Ordered a new switch, and cover. Will flush and bleed brake line.

2) rear Turn signals on cowls do not work. Looks like the female piece that connects it to the bodies wire harness is missing. Gonna do more research on that, but did order one side of what looks like the right part.

3) Throttle tube is busted up. Ordered a new one. ouch!

4) Electric start does not work . Battery seems good. Waiting till I catch up on the street legal stuff. Still starts fine on kickstart.

5) Only 90psi compression, will only do about 42/45 mph.Any suggestions on kits ? Planing on new rings and piston after I sort the throttle issue and turn signals.


1) Front master cylinder is shot. The Indian seals don't stand the test of time.

2) Hard wire the rear signals and add a bullet connector in the same area.

4) Just kickstart it unless you're a masochist and enjoy chasing electrical problems (I do)

5) Since it's still in one piece, my professional opinion would be to hone the cylinder (with a drill hone) and slap some fresh rings in it. Save the tuning for later when you have more experience with the Stellas.


tried bleeding it today. master cyclinder lever went al the way in , and will not come back out. pushed pads apart. nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I found a rebuild kit that will work . Scooter tech buddy says the internals are the same. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VESPA-PX-DISC-FRONT-BRAKE-HYDRAULIC-MASTER-CYLINDER-SEAL-REPAIR-KIT-BRAND-NEW/122019438654?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3D1c216a430e36413abb688aba7dc0eafa%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D251915014113%26itm%3D122019438654&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malossi 166 kit installed and working great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jimmbomb
Member


Joined: 20 May 2011
Posts: 801
Location: St Louis
81 Vespa P200... past bikes. 08 stella 09 stella w/p200 motor and 2010 4t stella

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckklr98 wrote:
Think I found a rebuild kit that will work . Scooter tech buddy says the internals are the same. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VESPA-PX-DISC-FRONT-BRAKE-HYDRAULIC-MASTER-CYLINDER-SEAL-REPAIR-KIT-BRAND-NEW/122019438654?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3D1c216a430e36413abb688aba7dc0eafa%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D251915014113%26itm%3D122019438654&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507



And??? any success? thanks

_________________
J H
upload pics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
chuckklr98
Member


Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
Location: 70452
stella 2t

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmbomb wrote:
chuckklr98 wrote:
Think I found a rebuild kit that will work . Scooter tech buddy says the internals are the same. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VESPA-PX-DISC-FRONT-BRAKE-HYDRAULIC-MASTER-CYLINDER-SEAL-REPAIR-KIT-BRAND-NEW/122019438654?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3D1c216a430e36413abb688aba7dc0eafa%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D251915014113%26itm%3D122019438654&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507



And??? any success? thanks


no go on it. got tired of waiting on parts that might work, and just ordered a whole new master cylinder from scooterlounge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

  Scootergear designed by riders for riders


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
All Content Copyright 2007-2011 by Modern Buddy. All Rights Reserved.