throttle tube

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

chuckklr98

throttle tube

Post by chuckklr98 »

scooterlounge is out. Anyone know who has them in stock?

what model should I input into S.I.P. to get the right part? no genuine or lml in their lineup.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Any dealers locally? Could they source an OEM from genuine?
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Do you need the plastic cam the throttle cable connects to, or the metal tube that the passes through the headset to the grip?

ScooterWest may have it. It is a clone of the Vespa PX part, so Scooter Mercato has it.

Even money says I have one laying around that I could send along. PM me which bit you need if you want one.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
BigDaddy SnakeOiler

Post by BigDaddy SnakeOiler »

For a 2t, isn't every part pretty much interchangeable with a PX?
And for 4ts, other than the top end, aren't most parts PX parts?
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddyOTR/">
Big Daddy Scooter Bum Blog</a>
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddy.snakeoiler">
BigDaddy on FaceBook</a>
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

BigDaddy SnakeOiler wrote:For a 2t, isn't every part pretty much interchangeable with a PX?
And for 4ts, other than the top end, aren't most parts PX parts?
The Stella 2T crankcase, crankshaft, cylinder, stator and cooling fan are very different than the PX. The porting is different. The chassis wiriring is pretty different too, with unique connections an the '03-'05 bikes and '08-on bikes, the stator and flywheel are similar to the PX and the CDI box has connections like the Vespa T5.

The 4T is only similar to the PX fron the centerstand forward. The rear and engine are extremely different. Engine-wise, the clutch, cush gear, driveshaft/gears/shifter and the rear wheel/brake are similar. The taillamp, cowl catches, spare tire, battery, left cowl and signal assemblies are the only common parts.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Same question though.....any stella throttle tube would work, as they are the same. Soooooo, any dealer should be able to order one in from Genuine, if they don't have it on the shelf.
chuckklr98

Post by chuckklr98 »

Ordered it from SIPS as a LML. hopefully it works out.