Smoky Mountain Crawl and Great Gas Mileage

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

iwannascoot

Smoky Mountain Crawl and Great Gas Mileage

Post by iwannascoot »

I enjoyed the Crawl again this year but I missed the group rides. I had a couple friends with me this year. One has a Genuine Hooligan 170, his wife has a Zuma 125, and I was riding my Genuine Buddy. We went From Townsend to Gatlinburg to Pigeon Forge and back. The speed limit in the Smoky Mountain National Park is between 25 and 35 mph so it is a lazy beautiful ride. I got 112 MPG. Unbelievable. Then we went to the Tail of The Dragon. The round trip is about 90 miles of mostly 45 mph speed limits. I got almost 104 MPG over this 100 mile trip. Then we went to Clingmans Dome on the Tn-Nc border back to Townsend for lunch before continuing to Cades Cove. All this 112 mile ride was within the park with 25-35 mph speed limits. It was a great ride and I got a new best gas mileage on my scoot. I got an unbelievable 127.71 MPG. Whenever I gas up my scoot I always add the fill up to the Fuelly app so I track every mile just for the fun of knowing how far I can go on a gallon of 87 octane regular gas. This is a great scoot. I really enjoy it.

Billy
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

You're blessed to live in the area and have all those routes close by!
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

There's a long ride near me that's in the 25 mph to 40 mph range, and I've gotten 113 mpg. It seems if you can eliminate traffic lights and stop signs and keep it under 50 mph, you can get incredible fuel efficiency.