What did they do to my scooter?!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Godio13

What did they do to my scooter?!

Post by Godio13 »

Hi everyone,
I have a Buddy 150. I drive my buddy to the train in the suburbs of MA everyday. Someone messed with my buddy and I have no idea for what purpose, all I know is that
1. it won't start with the key,
2. When running (after I had to kickstart it) it shows no gas gauge, blinker, horn.
3. The battery seems untouched, all connections good. I brought it home and put it on the tender and tried to start it thinking they just managed to drain my battery, but no turnover/blinker/lights/horn still.

What the heck did they do? What did they take? Did they cut wires? Why? just to be dicks? They knew how to put a bike on its stand so I doubt its kids. They seemed to have messed with some component. Is something valuable regarding the wiring?

I checked the gas, they didn't steal that.

I am not saavy so I would appreciate laymen terms!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

How do you know that somebody actually messed with your scooter? Did they pull some covers off or? Not being asinine, it might help to know this. Once upon a time in Amsterdam I witnessed some thieves trying to steal my motorcycle and it was really helpful to know what they'd been up to before I had it towed away and thousands of bucks worth of work had to be done to it before it could be ridden home. That's why I ask...
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

The problem is clearly electrical. Check the fuse in the battery compartment. Don't just look at it, but check it with a multi meter if you have one. It is easy.
Watch a tutorial on how to do that. Or, just replace the fuse. I had no horn, blinker, start, etc. and I thought all sorts of bad things were wrong because the fuse LOOKED good, but it was not. It had separated beneath the metal end cap where I could not see it.
Also, make sure your battery posts are not corroded. Shine them up with sandpaper. Also, make sure to check for corrosion where the ground wire connects to the frame. You are thinking serious damage, as I did, but it may turn out to be a simple problem.