Deposit + Excitement!!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

thepickupbear

Deposit + Excitement!!!

Post by thepickupbear »

I just called Ducati of Seattle to see if they had any black 125s in stock...and I put a deposit down while on the phone!!! :twisted: :shock:

Sounds like they'll have it ready for me tomorrow night, I look forward to a weekend full of riding!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Deposit + Excitement!!!

Post by jrsjr »

thepickupbear wrote:I just called Ducati of Seattle to see if they had any black 125s in stock...and I put a deposit down while on the phone!!! :twisted: :shock:

Sounds like they'll have it ready for me tomorrow night, I look forward to a weekend full of riding!
Be sure to do the safety gear thing and be careful out there, esp if you're just getting started riding. We want you to enjoy riding for a long time.

Be sure to check back in and let us know how you like your Buddy!
Last edited by jrsjr on Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
AxeYrCat

Re: Deposit + Excitement!!!

Post by AxeYrCat »

jrsjr wrote: Be sure to do the safety gear thing and be careful out there, esp if you're just getting started riding. We want you to enjoy riding for a long time.

Be sure to check back in and let us know how you like your Buddy!
+1 :D
Huh? What just happened?
Hypermotarded

Post by Hypermotarded »

We're happy to have you in the family. You're scooter is up on the lift getting prepped as I type this. Oh, and don't worry guys, i'll get him dialed in saftey-wise. See you soon. :wink:
Ducati Seattle is at your service. If you have buddy questions or needs, call me at (206) 298-9995. Keep the rubber side down out there kids.
thepickupbear

Post by thepickupbear »

Hahaha reason #8,752 why I chose the Buddy and Ducati...the dealers are always on here. You guys have been so awesome this whole time.

2 and a half more hours, I can't wait! 8)
johnny_buddha

Post by johnny_buddha »

Cool, congrats! Picked a decent weekend, it's supposed to be in the 80s and sunny all weekend.

Dave, any update when the accessories are coming in? (specifically the top case)
thepickupbear

Post by thepickupbear »

Thanks, you a fellow Seattle-ite Johnny?

I'm curious about the accessories...I really want a chrome rack for the back.
mybetty

Post by mybetty »

i just got my buddy on tuesday, and have logged in about 60 miles so far. it has been raining here constantly since wednesday afternoon due to tropical storm ernesto, and i am checking weather.com for clearing in the weather because i cannot wait to get on my buddy again! i have it in my dining room right now, and i smile every time i see it. looking forward to lots and lots of scootering!
Dave R
Dealer

Post by Dave R »

johnny_buddha wrote:Cool, congrats! Picked a decent weekend, it's supposed to be in the 80s and sunny all weekend.

Dave, any update when the accessories are coming in? (specifically the top case)
well, got our first invoice for the acc we ordered a while back...everything was listed as being on B/O :wha: no kidding !
Ducati Seattle/Genuine Scooters Seattle is now on Facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Genuine-S ... 555?ref=ts
Please become a fan
thepickupbear

10 miles in...

Post by thepickupbear »

And I couldn't be happier! My only concern is the Buddy really really wants to go 40 in all these 25 zones....*grin*

I'll report more a little later, I'm off on a little longer ride this morning to put it through its paces.
johnny_buddha

Post by johnny_buddha »

Yep pickupbear, live in Seattle. I mostly use the buddy for my 6 mile commute but once in a while go for rides around Golden Gardens and north of that, around Carkeek Park (since i live in that general neighborhood).

Man, it's super nice out today...why am i on the computer? :wink:
thepickupbear

Post by thepickupbear »

Well, it's taken me way too long to come back and post...because I've been too busy out riding!!!

I've put about 150 miles on the Buddy since last Friday when I picked her up, including a long drive out to Redmond (the suburbs of Seattle for those not around these parts).

And I am way more in love that I ever thought I could be :)

The Buddy performs amazingly, is every bit as agile as I could have hoped, and really really looks good with me on it *grin*

I do have a couple of quibbles, one is that when I fuel up at the pump until it clicks, I still never quite hit "full". This is probably me just needing to read the manual and know exactly how much gas she'll take...but I'm also hesitant to accidently spill and fill my trunk with gas.

The other is the trunk latch doesn't "pop" the trunk like it did at first, I now turn it and lift the seat at the same time. Not a big deal, but I was afraid a bad habit of closing it a certain way caused that.

It's been a dream so far, pure joy. And I've seen an orange buddy cruising around my neighborhood, along with a cream colored 50 that parks at the building I work in too :) Hello fellow Buddy owners!

Big thanks to Gabe and Dave and everyone at Ducati Seattle for hooking me up as well :D :D :D
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

I do have a couple of quibbles
I have these same two problems.....I've jacked my seat up too to where it rarely just goes ahead and pops open, but rather I have to lift it.
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.
Hypermotarded

Post by Hypermotarded »

i trying to stay helpful and not use this site as advertising because I think it's great and I love what they're doing but...

:lol: WOOT! :lol:

I am so glad you guys like us and like your buddies. Feels so good to be selling good stuff to good people and helping keep the world a little more interesting than one ruled by 10 billion sedans.

Oh and come on in if the seat latch is giving you trouble and we'll take a look.
Ducati Seattle is at your service. If you have buddy questions or needs, call me at (206) 298-9995. Keep the rubber side down out there kids.
Keys

Post by Keys »

Pickupbear and KidDynomite...I have the answer to your seat problem. If you remove the front panel (one center screw and two more on the back side below the handlebars and carefully pull the tabs at the bottom out), you will see a small cable coming out of the ignition switch on the left (as you look at the front of the scooter). Just up from the ignition switch is a small nut and a cable adjuster. Loosen the nut and turn the adjuster away from the nut. This will effectively lengthen your cable and make it work again. The problem is the cable stretches when new. Just give it a couple of turns, tighten the nut back up. Give it a try. If it works okay, put the front panel back on, fire her up, and go for a ride. Apply grins liberally.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
BoneGirl

Seat latch

Post by BoneGirl »

This has been posted elsewhere in topics. Squirt a little WD-40 or other lube into the latch and you're good to go!