lower lights

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

student19462

lower lights

Post by student19462 »

I have a 2008 buddy125 I've just purchased used.Hoew do I get the lower lights in the cowl to light.High and low beam and turn signals work,just not the lower lights on each side .
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

The lower lights, commonly referred to as the "deadlights" are not wired for electricity here in the United States. They are used as the front turn signals on the scooters in all other markets but the US. Instead, Genuine Scooter had the DoT mandated turn signals under the handgrip installed to comply with applicable regulations.

The wiring from the DoT lights can be re-routed to the deadlights (and you then remove the DoT lights for a cleaner look, you can just accept that they don't work, you can tap the existing signal wires to add functionality (but you need to to tap wires at both ends), or track down a specialized wiring harness that either augments the DoT lights or adds running light capability also.

I highly recommend the BOB Lights Combo Adapter from this post: http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/topic2 ... ba5f81a47e